00 Ford mustang abs gt traction problem

I can pretty much guarantee no one will have the PCB layout, and if they do, they won't or can't give it to you.

I imagine you are getting a u1262 code. Yes?

It just says can't connect to abs module the code might have been there but i dont remember atm im at work and the scanner is home

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Pin 24 of your module is for the multiplex communication network. Ascertain that this wire to network is good. However, if the module shorted internally, the iso 9141 network will not communicate with the network, and yes, there you will get a no comunication code such as U1262.

grcauto

Yes that looks like mine and i have the salvaged one in the car now and i can't connect to that one either not that i really expected it to since they all break the same way and theres a million ebay posts for repair service for these units. I did check the wiring to the module this morning it all checked out good. I didnt damaged the board i just dont know which pin goes to which part of the board since my pokeing and peeling of the gel probably broke them all. if i know that i can fix it i have the orginal soaking in acid as i type and will have a better idea in an hr when the gel is gone
Let's step back for a moment. Are you saying the system only works right when the abs is enabled? With the abs not working the brakes are like a conventional system.

I gotta say... if the original problem was the car not stopping well, that can be cured by just removing the ABS. Avoid all this fancy BS. I really think those type modules are, essentially, not economical to repair. You don't even know that the one destroyed *only* had a broken lead, do you?

Well i have had 2 instances since owning the car where someone pulled out in front of me and ive locked the wheels up and just slid if i wasn't a better than most driver i would have t boned them. The traction control i don't need since the car don't see snow ever and i have a button to disable it but stopping in that situation yeah i need my abs cause well to be honest i drive ridiculously fast wouldn't have bought it just to look at it lol

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
You may have this wiring, but I will provide it anyway, also with pin location on connector. As for how they connect inside the module, well, you will see that maybe with the other one you have in acid right now.

Let's step back for a moment. Are you saying the system only works right when the abs is enabled? With the abs not working the brakes are like a conventional system.

No the brakes work like conventional and have since i bought the car the abs never worked the light has been on honestly i think its the power wire going to it in the unit thats the one thats broke cause if i unplug the abs unit it and try to connect it says the exact same thing like its not there with or without it connected and even if the communication wire was broke if the unit was good otherwise it should in theroy attempt to work or act sparactic and come on randomly correct since its a independent computer?

You may have this wiring, but I will provide it anyway, also with pin location on connector. As for how they connect inside the module, well, you will see that maybe with the other one you have in acid right now.
I gotta say... if the original problem was the car not stopping well, that can be cured by just removing the ABS. Avoid all this fancy BS. I really think those type modules are, essentially, not economical to repair. You don't even know that the one destroyed *only* had a broken lead, do you?

No it could have been 1 or more theres like 30 of those smaller than hairs wires that connect the pin connector to the pcb board i was gonna upgrade them to a bigger wire but the gel killed me now that i found out how to get rid of that i need the pcb layout so i can repair the unit

If i cant get the pcb layout anywhere I'm going to have to accept defeat on this and send the untouched one out for repair i just dont accept defeat very well .......and that im broke atm and gonna have to wait before i can

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Since you have the traction control option, you are on a SCP network. Not the ISO 9141 I mentioned above, in any case, no communcation is still present, and all wiring should be ascertained first before attempting anything else, just to make sure you don't have a open, short etc BUS/MUX line wire on the SCP network.

Cuz you may be throwing modules at this GT forever thinking all of them are fried on this planet. I don't mean to sound condescending, but just the other day, I had a client in with his used module in hand, and TOLD me this was his problem and he wanted me to install it cuz he saw that on the internet, the internet ppl told him to change it. SO 600$ later, I call him back to say his truck is ready.

He comes back to the shop, asks if it is fixed. I said no. So I had a good laugh at his expense about listening to e-bay and such advice.

Next day, he comes back, asks me to really check the car, he will let me do the diagnosing. I call him back 1 hr later, told him it was fixed. He comes back, ask me what it was. I show him a severed wire full of irish green corrosion.

I winked at him, asked for 60$ and be on your way. Oh, I said, may want to keep that other module, if ever this one goes south, you always have that module you paid me for to replace cuz google is your friend. He told me to f off in a fun way and told me he learned his lesson.

BTW, sorry for wiring, it is white on black, but still very readable. My virtual bullzip printer for some reason can`t do normal black on white when I print alldata documents. ACE pdfs are just click and open with abode.

Screenshot (267).png

Attachments

Thank you nickb2 those are helpful i did have the pin layout one but not the black and white ones and what is that program you are using to get that info from cause dear god i need that in my life lol and by no means am i offended in any way by your story i can admit ive done some dumb stuff in my day (cough "trying to get that gel off" cough) and i know i have a hard time explaining what i want to say sometimes so being a mechanic and working in this field i pretty much expected way way worse asking my questions especially since this is the first forum ive ever posted on. But everyone has done nothing but try and help me so thank you for making this enjoyable

billr

wrench
Staff member
If that phosphoric acid is supposed to work, how about trying it on the board that is already so badly damaged? If it does seem to work OK, then apply it to the other board so you can carefully look for broken bond wires. Without a board schematic that is about all you will be able to fix, broken wires/welds or fractured solder joints. How much does one of those modules cost from a JY? From reputable vendor like SMP?

Well the 1 hr it was supposed to be in the acid was apparently a crucial time and since i am at work and couldnt get back to it in time let's just say that i should have done it at home and that plan went right out to the garbage can after i check the communication wire from the prints nick sent me I'm just gonna admit defeat and pay to have it repaired so i know it's done right the one i got from the junk yard cost me 10 bucks but its 100 to get it repaired and i can't find a new one since they discontinued them cause there junk