got a new FPR but the performance in the car is still really poor and its still giving me P0090. when the FPR was taken out we realised the was no lifter to for the FPR to sit on, so basically the FPR was not attached to anything in the engine. so i think something is broken off.
1. Whats the name of what is suppose to be there to help pump fuel?
2. how do i get that?

if i can get a picture or image of how it looks like, it will be very helpful

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok, since I am drunk on canadian whisky and wishing as all the years prior to that, asking myself why I still drink this crap when jack D is better. I am going to assume FPR means fuel pressure regulator.

That still does not give the make an model of the beast in question.

I am going to hope this is not a spam shyte thing and won't hate myself for falling again and again trying to help with nonsense.

I will also assume 0090 is a P0090 which normally is a circuit issue. But without base knowledge, I feel I am like a bass player with my fat fender and no drums direction to go on.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Is this a diesel? Most assuredly seeing this almost is spam. Is this a thread I should spend time on, yes, but you will have to deal with my shyte since you can't follow directions such as what is the make and model.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Hint, if you want help, move this from the open discussion to import or domestic, or heavy equipment, all have FPR's depending on application.

Every body here knows when I get french drunk, I can say almost anything as crazy as the spam shyte that comes across serious shyte. I just find it funny I am so stupid I fall for this stuff over and over again. But hey, it keeps my english typing skills active.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
With these newer types of cars, it is essential you do a DTC confirmation test before even starting to swap parts.

Cuz the lazy ass thing that happens so much in this trade, is that clients won't admit it, they run out of gas, false codes appear and us tech's have to deal with a lying client who is too ashamed he or she just spent hundreds of $$ on a useless towing just cuz the tank was too low.

If you can properly state that the tank is full, then we will happily delve into the wiring and other such crap.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
To monitor the high pressure fuel pump, you will need a scope. 20 milli second divisions should do the trick to find if the pump is on the fritz.

Since I am feeling lucky, I am assuming you have a scanner, since you got the "0090" code, BUT, is it bi-directional?

Attachments

billr

wrench
Staff member
OK, nick, I removed the worst of it. I leave it to you to prune out the useless babble and leave only what helps the OP. By the way, I had my grandson who turns 4 today looking on as I hit that one graphic picture. You really need to refrain from putting that in public. I think the lounge is OK, but not out here. I will leave it to "jordanr" to be more forceful than my comments...

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Yeah, I will try to refrain from posting whilst under the influence. If jordanr deems so, I will assume the consequences of my actions and unsavory posts.