Honda
Model
Fit
Year
Miles
unk
Engine
unk
My son has decided to help a friend change pads/shoes now, while I am 1000 miles away. He'll have all my tools available, but my only help will have to be over the phone. Any hints about "gotchas" with this job? Does anybody have a good view of the rear shoes/levers/springs? I am encouraging not doing the rears if they really aren't needed. I suspect this is the first brake job on this, so maybe only the front pads are ready. I have already stressed doing only one side at a time and to check fluid in the reservoir before starting, to be sure air won't get sucked in if the pistons come out a bit more during the pad/shoe change. There should be little-to-no rust to contend with and I don't think the rotors/drums need to be fussed with (other than removing drums).

jd

Hopefully only the front pads will need to be changed. Rear shoes shouldn't be too bad, but nothing like front pads on a Honda. One bolt each side, caliper swings up, swap pads, done. Hard to wear the rear shoes out on a front disc front drive light car. Still, I hoped it'd show rear disc. All you need is that little Rubik's Cube to retract the piston-within-a-piston for the parking brake and the rear discs go easy too.