1992 Chrysler 2.5 no start no spark no crank signal

Jo Diesel

Auto Truck & RV
Old engine was cooked so we installed a used engine and now this 1992 dodge spirit won't start. We have been over the wireing diagrams and some how the computer has the shut down relay and the ignition module turned off. We have replaced the compute, the distributer, and traced all wires to and from the distributer and our Snappy Modis still says no crank signal. I can unplug the distriuter and make the fuel pump and shut down relay cycle but I still have no spark and no fuel pump. If I hot wire the fuel pump, the computer keeps the ignition module off. :'(

Does the distributer turn when the engine is cranked?

Is the dist or comp the right one (turbo/non-turbo)

Is there a injection system ground wire not properly fastened to the cyl head?

Jo Diesel

Auto Truck & RV
:help Distributor out of original engine in car, also non turbo, does not work either. We have 748 HZ crank signal to computer, measured with meter. Yes distributor is turning. Have checked all grounds but will re check injector ground. Will a shorted injector shut computer off?

I don't know what a shorted injector would do, but you could disconnect and then check for spark or crank signal.

Try disconnecting the o2 sensor. They can sometime get damaged on an engine change and short out the ign. system. Might also try the map sensor too. And try to start it with the temp sensor disconnected the one by the t-stat you will have to disconnect to time it any way. Good luck Greasemonkey :)

Mo

Have you checked for codes? Do the ignition-key dance (ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON w/o engaging the starter...leaving it in the on position on 3rd cycle) Check engine light should flash one or more 2-digit codes. Code-12=battery has been disconnected.....55-code=end of test.