1993 Toyota Tercel, leaking engine oil!

J

Joe

93 Tercel 1.5 Engine 150k, My cousin put a rebuilt engine 1 year ago and it is been always leaking engine oil. You can see it dripping from below the crankshaft and near. I've changed the oil pan gasket and put a lot of silicone and still leaks. Not sure what else to do, any ideas will help. Thanks Joe

Try putting some oil dye in the engine and have it dye light tested to see where the oil is leaking from. Most likey a rear main seal. Good luck!! Greasemonkey :)

J

Joe

greasemonkey said:
Try putting some oil dye in the engine and have it dye light tested to see where the oil is leaking from. Most likey a rear main seal. Good luck!! Greasemonkey :)
Thank you for the info. After 1 month of installing the engine I had to change the camshaft seal and it helped a bit the leaking. The rear main seal, Do I have to disconnect the engine and trans to change this seal? If this is correct, can I use some additives to slow the leaking?

Paul

I'm The Decider
It may also be leaking from the distributor O ring.Thats a very common place for oil leaks on some Toyota engines

J

Joe

Thanks. Its really sad I just swapped the trans cause it blue up if I have known I would have changed the seal then.