1995 Dodge ram 1500 4wd 5.2 auto 214,000 miles

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I have a great movie for these types of situ. Some some Canadian legal whatever, Does it make sense!!!!????

Oh yeah, my moped just drove my my joint.

oddone1975

Trying to get my daily driver running again ran into headache getting at the crank sensor and found that the trans. Dipstick tube has to be unbolted and moved slightly to be able to remove it. It's just such tight space for a full size truck and the bolt is in there tight

oddone1975

and can't figure out how to get at that stupid bolt for the transmission dipstick tube can get socket with swivel and long extension on it but it hits the exhaust and seeing as how the truck does not have an actual y-pipe (the cat is the y-pipe both run from manifold direct to cat then single out.) i can't figure how to get the bolt out. Almost to the point of having it towed to my buddies shop and let him do it but i just can't afford it.

Shorty wrench and a punch or prybar?

Bend the dipstick tube bracket?

Bend firewall or cut it open for access?

oddone1975

When all else fails, this is a go to trick.

;)
I would rather not cut anything my buddy that is helping me can get socket on it just no room to turn it. I can't get under truck or lay across engine due to back issues

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Sorry Mobile Dan, but that engine looks like it was taken out by a distant cousin called wreak it ralph. I could have done better with a demolition ball on diesel steroids.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
BTW, for those who actually want to know why "my 600lb life" is in the snapshots. Just me being an insensitive arse hole that I am when my GF says she is fat.

I say to her, watch this and complain, and then talk to me about fast Ethiopian chickens. When your the only chicken in town, you kind of learn how to run really fast. No time to get fat there. ;)

I don't have that problem, my g;lands work fine. How? A good dose of can do attitude and alot of ego.

When you don't want to, you don't. But don't f ing complain on the maple syrup of the good side of life and seek victimization and relish in the fact you got me.

I don't complain, cuz y old arse has been 155 pnds since I was 18. Nothing ain't changed a bit, apart from the network of nerves that will make you knees bend when I put my mind to it.

https://rarbg.to/torrent/jpqg27u

oddone1975

well got it out finally pulled truck to level ground and with several long extensions was able to get the dipstick tube out of way still won't run sensor was bad but cap has corrosion on the contacts and one of the screws snapped off in the distributor the other someone had put a over size flat head wood screw in so its going to my mechanic as soon as i can get my buddy to haul it up there

Attachments

I remember saying "I like Fords because they put their distributor at the front of the engine." Those days are long gone. Nowadays almost all distributors are buried behind the engine. That is only a good thing if you are working on a full-size van with a interior engine cover.

oddone1975

if i wasn't so upside down money wise with what i have done to this truck so far i would get rid of it but i also can't afford to replace it right now. so much small stuff doesn't work proper that its getting to me. cruise don't work the cig plug to be able to use my phone charger quit and no fuses are bad,the factory fog lights never worked so i removed them so it would pass inspection and just the body work that i had to do to sneak it through inspection was like wtf i get my self into. wish i had just fixed my old one