1999 Dodge Caravan SE 3.3 Blower motor/turn signals out. ABS on.

Yesterday the turn signals and the inside front blower motor stopped working. Seems that they might be related. Also the ABS light is on. I don't know if the ABS is realated. Seems too much stuff went out at one time to be a simple fuse or relay. I swapped out the blower motor relay with the horn relay (same part number). The blower motor is not getting 12 volts. I cannot find a sign fuse. I am not sure where the blower motor resistor is. If the ingition switch failed wouldn't I have other issues?

I would check the fuses again....I think the same fuse feeds the blower motor and turn signals....I will find a diagram and post it.....Jim

Thanks Jim. I found a 40 amp blower fuse in the fuse box next to the battery under the hood. It is good. The wiring diagram will be a great help.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Hey Jim, that "turn signals" schematic has a note at the top that it shows wiring as revised per a TSB. Does that TSB relate at all to this thread?

The #12 fuse in the Junction block also controls the ABS controller also according to my "Power Ditribution Section". Sound like a fuse or wire problem to me.

The Junction block is located under the dash in between the brake pedal and the emergency brake pedal.

Attachments

Thanks Guy's. 40 amp fuse is good. If I jumper 30 to 87 on the relay, the blower does work. So resistor block is good. Also pulled it and checked. no voltage 86 or 85. So I will look at fuse #12. Pouring rain at the moment. What is "RUN A22" and "G300"?

Run A22 refers to the location where the power to that connection is coming from. In this case A-22 is the run position on the ignition switch. G300 is a ground location somewhere on the body. (G means ground)

Cheese and rice. It was fuse 12. However I could not find the number. I just started pulling 10 amp fuses and it was the firts one! Could have been a 5 minute fix!

Thanks Jim, that was a fix. Why did the fuse blow in the first place is the question. Just hope it is a fluke.

jay

caprince said:
Thanks Jim, that was a fix. Why did the fuse blow in the first place is the question. Just hope it is a fluke.
blown fuse might be pointing towards the blower motor starting to so south; drawing more current than rated specification.

I am back. I figured the fuse must have blown for a reason. Wife said everything is fine. Pulled in to get gas, restarted car and fuse 12 blew. Unless I am wrong, the blower motor is on fuse 21 and is a 40 amp. The relay that controls it is fuse 12. So I am thinking it is something with the combination flasher drl module, wiring to right front or rear lamps or the turn signal itself. What and where is the DRL module? But why did the fuse blow when she started the car? Suggestions are welcome and needed.

Why did the fuse blow when she started the car?
Well here is a long shot. There is a white wire that goes from fuse #12 to the "Transmission Range Sensor". You are in park when you start it up. When you shift to reverse the white wire connects through a violet/black wire to the back up lights. Could be a shorted back up lamp socket etc. Maybe even a transmission range sensor going back. Like I said it is a long shot and I am giving you one senerio that might blow a flow when you put the key in run and start it up and shift to reverse. Could be anything. That fuse suplies a lot of circuits that are capable of shorting out. You would be lucky to get a visial on it find the problem.