2000 Ford Explorer 5.0L Eddie Bauer running rough

Website
www.batauto.com
My 29/64" hex shank drill bit came in yesterday...going to work on the thread repair tonight. QUESTION: should I use thread lock on the repair kit, on the stud itself, or neither? Thanks, as always, for your advice!

Don't think the insert is less likely to be pulled out under the torque so that's a toss up but I would say OK if using a stud and nut. OK on stud but NO on nut. If you ever need to get it back apart you may get away with the blue on the nut but use red on the stud.
Does this even make sense....I din't get much sleep last night....

Website
www.batauto.com
Don't think the insert is less likely to be pulled out under the torque so that's a toss up but I would say OK if using a stud and nut. OK on stud but NO on nut. If you ever need to get it back apart you may get away with the blue on the nut but use red on the stud.
Does this even make sense....I din't get much sleep last night....
LOL! Makes perfect sense! I'll probably just use lock washers on the nuts, with no thread lock.

Website
www.batauto.com
I’ve gotten the motor mount installed, new plug wires, NOS air duct between air box and throttle body. I cleaned the MAF, and did the computer relearn procedure.

It seems to be running pretty well. It still needs some drive time to learn the shift points, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll learn in time. Glad you were able to get through this and I hope your son gets plenty of trouble free use out of it. You are a good father and the Lord will bless you for this. He probably already has. :D