2000 Infiniti G20 AT Issues

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE: Infiniti
MODEL: G20
YEAR: 2000
MILES: N/A
ENGINE: 2.0
DESCRIBE ISSUE....Friend's car...apparently it has slow engagement into reverse, and you have to rev it to like 1500-2000 RPM to get it to grab. He says it sounds noisy when shifting cold, then when hot it sometimes feels like it's revving, I guess that's called a flare. Thought I'd ask here first before going further, to see if this is common, uncommon, what it might be. I haven't looked at the fluid yet. Thanks,

MT

211K miles. Per the tag under hood it's the RE4F03W. LSD? Maybe hard to find a used one?

MT

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Last ditch effort, try transmedic, it is supposed to swell and soften seals. Never know, may get a few more km's out of that tranny, but when I read this

sounds noisy when shifting cold, then when hot it sometimes feels like it's revving,
Probably time for a complete overhaul.

No magic bullet here.

Thanks, guys. Yes, I think this one is toast. I am told I could sub an open 'B' suffix tranny if I swap both axles and an axle retaining bracket, from '00-'02 G20 or some select Sentras. The opinion was that even if I found another LSD in a yard, it would likely be bad; those have a viscous LSD that tends to fail after about 80K miles. So it sounds like the open diff tranny might be the best option.