2001 Ford Windstar Coolant Bypass tube

Gmolds66

I'd rather be flying!
Hello, I'm attempting to repair my daughters 2001 Ford Windstar van. It is a 3.8l auto trans with 165k on it. The repair that I'm attempting is the replacement of the coolant bypass tube that is located on top of the intake manifold. I think the tub is pressed into the manifold on the drivers side and runs across the top to the passenger side were it connects to the over flow bottle and water pump. I removed the two retaining screws and tried to remove the tube. It wouldn't come out of the intake after prying and pulling hard. Does anyone know how to remove this part? Do I need a slide hammer? Your help is greatly appreciated! should I by a new one, repair the hole that is in the current one or get one from a salvage vehicle?

Gmolds66

I'd rather be flying!
This is an image of the tube...

[attachment deleted during maintenance]

Is it this one?....It has on o-ring on the end of it...it might be stuck and you will have to pry it loose..maybe spray some PB Blaster on it and let it sit for awhile.....Jim

[attachment deleted during maintenance]

Gmolds66

I'd rather be flying!
Jim, that sure looks like it. I will let it soak with PB as you suggest. I was surprised at how seized this thing is in the manifold. I will update you when I have it out... Probably won't get back to it untill Saturday. Once again, thank you!

Gmolds66

I'd rather be flying!
Jim its out! I sprayed PB on it and let it sit for a while. Tapped it lightly with a hammer and pulled up on it. Out it came. Thank you for your advice, it's greatly appreciated! Time to put it all back together now...