2003 chevrolet venture

I have been out of the wrenching business since 99. I move away for another job that doesn't break my back. Any ways my wifes van has the sos light with the code 446 evap emission vent circuit malf. and a 453 evap emission system pressure sensor reads high. I would like a trouble shooting list, and or wiring diagram or what ever is needed to check it out.
any help would be greatly apprecated
thanks
norris

Hey Norris....they are fuel tank pressure sensor codes....Has the fuel pump been replaced lately?....If so it might not have been hooked back up.....Jim

No, the van has never been in a shop for repair. I just drove the van and it is making a buzzing noise going down the highway. my wife said it started making the noise when the light came on. it doesn't change with engine rpm but changes with road speed. I was wandering how the evap purge soleniod plays into the code if at all. the drivablity is good.
thanks
norris

Her is some info for the PO446 code....Jim.....
SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
This DTC tests the evaporative emission (EVAP) system for a restricted or blocked EVAP vent path. The control module commands the EVAP canister purge solenoid Open and the EVAP canister vent solenoid Closed. This allows vacuum to be applied to the EVAP system. Once a calibrated vacuum level has been reached, the control module commands the EVAP canister purge solenoid Closed and the EVAP canister vent solenoid Open. The control module monitors the fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor for a decrease in vacuum. If the vacuum does not decrease to near 0 inches H2O in a calibrated time, this DTC sets.

The table illustrates the relationship between the ON and OFF states, and the Open or Closed states of the EVAP canister purge and vent valves.

CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC

DTCs P0107, P0108, P0112, P0113, P0116, P0117, P0118, P0121, P0122, P0123, P0125, P0440, P0443, P0449, P0452, P0453, P1106, P1107, P1112, P1114, P1115, P1121, P1122 are not set.
The ignition voltage is between 10-18 volts .
The barometric pressure (BARO) is more than 75 kPa .
The fuel level is between 15-80 percent .
The engine coolant temperature (ECT) is between 4-30C (39-86F) .
The intake air temperature (IAT) is between 4-30C (39-86F) .
The start up ECT and IAT are within 9C (16F) of each other.
The vehicle speed sensor (VSS) is less than 121 km/h (75 mph) .
CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC

The fuel tank pressure sensor is less than -10 inches H2O.
The condition is present for as long as 30 seconds.
ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS

The control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on the second consecutive ignition cycle that the diagnostic runs and fails.
The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The first time the diagnostic fails, the control module stores this information in the Failure Records. If the diagnostic reports a failure on the second consecutive ignition cycle, the control module records the operating conditions at the time of the failure. The control module writes the operating conditions to the Freeze Frame and updates the Failure Records.
CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE MIL/DTC

The control module turns OFF the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail.
A current DTC, Last Test Failed, clears when the diagnostic runs and passes.
A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other emission related diagnostic.
Clear the MIL and the DTC with a scan tool.
DIAGNOSTIC AIDS

An intermittent condition could be caused by a damaged EVAP vent housing, a temporary blockage at the EVAP vent solenoid inlet, or a pinched vent hose. A blockage in the vent system will also cause a poor fuel fill problem.
For intermittent conditions refer to Intermittent Conditions. See: Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview\Diagnostic Strategies

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gus

wrench
One more thing to check.....the harness that goes to the fuel pump, gage, and pressure sensor......it passes through the floor on the driver's side, just behind the driver's seat, underneath the vehicle.....there have been corrosion problems at the harness connector there.....check that first......