2003 ford ranger - cylinder 4 misfire detected and misfire detected 1st 1000 rev

Can anyone recommend the repair I need to make to a 2003 Ford Ranger pickup truck based on the codes I received when I plugged in my OBDII code reader. I received 2 codes, P0304 - Cylinder 4 Misfire detected and P0316 - Misfire detected 1st 1000 revs. Im not sure what part needs to be checked or replaced.

Thanks

Brian

When was the last time it was tuned up?.....possibly a bad plug or a plug wire...look for a loose or shorted plug wire....that would be the first things I would check....Jim

thank you for your reply Jim. I had the vehicle tuned-up and had replaced all the wires and plugs 2 months ago, the problem was there before and after the tune-up. Is there anything else you can recommend checking.

Brian

Which engine do you have in it?...A bad injector can also cause it to throw a miss code...How does it run?...Have you had the fuel pressure checked...also a bad crank sensor could cause it...Jim

Transman

Receptionist & Complaint Dept.
Website
www.edsofvineland.com
Re: 2003 ford ranger - cylinder 4 misfire detected and misfire detected 1st 1000

You might want to try a bottle of "Seafoam" in the tank or find a shop that does "Motorvac" service. The fact that is was there before the tune up kinda leans toward injector problems. Post back, Transman