2003 Neon Tranny Problem!Please Help.

Hey i have a 2003 dodge neon se auto and the other day the car bucked for a quick second and then when i tried to accelerate the cel lite came on and it wouldn't come out of first gear. So i drove it to autozone at 20mph it sucked! and got the following codes. P0700,P0755, and P0128. I know the quick description for each but now how to fix the problem. For the P0755 if i just change the shift solenoid B will the car change gears? I also tried manual shift from 1 to drive but nothing.

TylerW

DTC P0700, Internal Transmission Controller, and DTC P0755, 2-4 Solenoid Circuit, Usually means a fault in the Transmission Control Module (TCM) or an interruption in power. I would check the connector on the transmission and make sure it is clean and tight. Also check to see if the terminals inside the connector are damaged.

Other than that, not much to do yourself. The dealer has the DRB scan tool that can test the entire system to see whether its the Transmission Controller that's bad.

Very likely not the shift solenoid, so don't waste your time or money on that.

The P0128 means the engine temp is rising slower than expected, either due to a bad coolant temp sensor or a cooler-than-stock thermostat/stuck open thermostat.

Transman

Receptionist & Complaint Dept.
Website
www.edsofvineland.com
Nopies, the "700" code is just the transmission controller's way of getting the engine controller's attention. It is a generic call for help from the trans computer. It simply means there is a trans code in the trans computer and has nothing to do with the capability of the trans controller. There are probably more codes at the trans level so a trans capable scanner is needed. Many items can set this code... Bad connections, of course, to the solenoid itself. The range switch can also cause this problem as well as a bad alternator.
Check ALL the connections that you can lay your hands on, especially the battery. Get the alternator checked for "AC Ripple". Get the Trans computer scanned for codes AND the latest flash info as the problem may be programming and best dealt with by a "Re-Flash". Post results, Transman

Cheef

King of A-604 and Prince of 62-TE
Website
www.ultra604.com
Pull the 8 way connector off the solenoid block (you CANNOT just change a solenoid, they are all in that big aluminum block radiator side of transmission) and clean connector and pins real good with some CRC electronic contact cleaner. The P0755 is generally an electrical issue, NOT a TCM issue. Transman is correct, the P0700 is a general code telling the powertrain module that a fault exists in the tranny circuit. Clean the battery terminals until they are anti-septic. No corrosion. None.

The P0128 does need some attention as the tranny is shift scheduled from temp inputs from both the transmission thermistor and engine temperature also. Bum inputs cause delayed shifts or lockup issues.

Cheef

Hey Everyone thanks for all the help! It turned out to be the transmission solenoid pack just as you suggested. The car was stuck in limp mode cause the solenoid changes the gears and it malfunctioned. So i was going to fix it myself but the Haynes manual didn't even show how to change the solenoid...it just said take it to a transmission shop. So i called around got a best price of $400 and they fixed it. Car runs fine now

K

kim81

I had a little kick back so I drove it to auto zone to get it Read also took it to a transmission shop to get read the videos for auto one was p0700 p0721and p0340 not sure really what the main issue is at the transmission shop it read p0720 which is the output shaft speed sensor the mechanic said something about the reverse but the car rides with out a kick back but my speedometer doesnt work nor the gas idle and they both worked before he took out the sensor out he replaced it then said oh it something else that he needed to check which inclusion resulted in the solenoids
the reading said sensor and wires defective help

K

kim81

Is this a bad tyranny issue or all electrical and if so what do I need to do I now that p0340 is the can shaft sensor also p0700 is the control module again the car is running smoother now but dash gauges is out and engine light on really just want to fix the main issue

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Is transman still around? I see complaint dept in his description, see link here, I actually bought a grenade, will make sign :ROFL http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=h4P_dGW9QkReDM&tbnid=lnEO1B-cBKKCmM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fstjent.pinnaclecart.com%2Findex.php%3Fp%3Dproduct%26id%3D346&ei=leR9U4PMBJXNsQSY94CwBA&bvm=bv.67229260,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNHHsTsj-CyrvPfBQwCb4kHwO0ZIgw&ust=1400845841120593

BTW, it is a butane lighter grenade, no stress for terrorism here, but still funny and will make buddies laugh hard. I have too much time on my hands :ROFL

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
@kim1 guest, the cam sensor where very sensitive on these cars, can you give us drivabilty issues, have you checked fluid level in tranny and cleared codes? If so, post back if check light comes back, can do with key on off, on, off, on, will post a code in dash :idea: