2004 Buick rendezvous wipers do not work

Website
scottyspot.tk
I have a 2004 Buick Rendezvous where the wipers do not work. This includes the front and the rear wipers and washers. The fuse is good, but I get no power to the wiper motor in any position according to my multimeter, though it was pretty easy to find which one was the ground. I would have condemned the multifunction stalk, but the cruise control and the turn signals both work, and then the rear wiper and washer is not on the same thing. So, any ideas?

kev2

wrench
At the front wioer will the washer pump work?
at the Ft motor ck power 12v at- Yel wire? yes no?
is Blk a good grnd?

did you check the fuse for reqr wiper- fuse #22 a 20amp?
does rear washer pump work?

Website
scottyspot.tk
All fuses on the BCM are good, neither the front or rear washer pump nor the rear or front wipers work. Blk is a good ground, no voltage is on yellow, nor any of the other prongs on the connector at the wiper motor.

The old man

Do you have the ignition switch in the accessory or run condition when test for 12 volts on the yellow wire?

The old man

I am confused when you say all the fuses for the BCM are good. The fuses for the wipers and pump systems are in the "Fuse Block" in the center console. Connector C-1 and C-2. There are one fuse for each front and back system. Are we talking about the same thing here? I know that the BCM in in the center console also. Just trying to get on the same page.

Website
scottyspot.tk
Yes, I actually pulled and reset all the fuses in the BCM, which is accessible from the passenger side center console. I bought the car with the understanding that the alternator and battery needed replacement. I never want to replace an alternator on one of these again. I was also told the wipers would occasionally act up. Well, since I bought the car, replaced the alternator, battery, changed the oil (it needed it badly and had the "Change Oil" light on, and changed the air filter the car runs really good, has no problems, drives really well, but unfortunately is not usable in the rain. I bought it and fixed all that for a girl that is moving here next week. Hopefully with the people on this forum I can get that fixed for her!

The old man

Well they have good people on this site that for sure can help you out. Just have to do some testing at certain place. Pull the fuses for the front and rear wiper motors and check for twelve volts coming in at the incoming part of the fuse connection. If no voltage their, then we have to go backwards to see where the problem lies. For instance in the "Accessory Relay" that supplies power to the motors etc. I have those fuses as being 32 and 29 ( 20 and 25 amp fuses). That test would be with the key in the on position.

Gus

wrench
As, we can see, the wiper systems have nothing to do with the BCM....only thing common to BOTH systems, is ground #200...

Concentrating on the front system, when you disconnect the harness from the front motor, you SHOULD have power at terminal "B"(yellow wire), with key in acc/run....if you don't, do you have power on BOTH sides of fuse #29(fuse is in place in the fuse block)?

If you do have power on the yellow wire at terminal "B", attach your test light between terminal "B" and terminal "A"(black/ground)....if it doesn't light, you have a bad G200 circuit.....splice a grounded jumper into the black wire, and the test light should now light....reconnect the harness to the motor and see if the front wiper now works...

kev2

wrench
thanks to GUS we can see WHY we asked about yellow wire at Wiper motor-
check the fuse - with a test lamp as GUS suggested- I would check several others also

I would ask - is there a REMOTE starter? BEFORE we chase a circuit.

kev2

wrench
while I get a diagram - anything else NOT working?
you did remove fuse, start vehicle and test both sides of fuse socket?

the likelyhood of only that system not powering is troubliing