2004 Chevy Colorado Wiper Problem with TSB 3827

I have a 2004 Chevy Colorado, 3.5L, 5 Cyl. When I turn on the ignition the wipers work for 3 sec and just stop wherever they may be at that time, do not park properly. The same happens when I set the wipers to intermittent, low, or medium (3 seconds then stop). The only speed that works regularly is high. I found a TSB which I think applies #3827 and NHTSA Item Number 10019181. I've replaced the motor and the two relays with no change. I am not real strong in the automotive industry but am willing to invest some elbow grease and learn. Any help in resolving this problem would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

When the wiper switched is turned off 12V is applied to the parking switch that should be closed then opens when the wipers hit the home position. Sounds like this is part of your problem. Contacts get dirty and can be out of adjustment.

You really need both a circuit and a component placement diagram with a VOM to figure out the rest of it. Maybe one of the guys will post this.

kev2

wrench
First I want to say TSB's are NOT free repairs,
Your GM dealer or a qualified technician can access the text and wiring diagram referanced in the document...
Basically there is a suspected open wire - # 196 (yellow wire) between the BCM and the wiper motor might try a wire jumper to verify before tearing into wiring.

Models: 2004-2007 Chevrolet Colorado
2004-2007 GMC Canyon
Wipers Cycle Several Times Then Park In The Middle Of The Windshield - keywords B3715 B3718 blade harness inoperative on switch wire #PIT3827A - (05/21/2007)

The old man

That would be nice if that yellow wire is it. Below is a schematic showing that wire and how the wiper system works.

Attachments

Re: 2004 Chevy Colorado Wiper Problem with TSB 3827 SOLVED!

SOLVED!!!!! Thanks to all you for your help. You guys were right on. With th help of the schematic, I followed the yellow wire and found it had been severed. Looks like a rodent of some type got up into the area and started chewing on it as evidenced by the shredded firewall material. Thanks again!!!!!!

Re: 2004 Chevy Colorado Wiper Problem with TSB 3827 SOLVED!

SOLVED!!!!! Thanks to all you for your help. You guys were right on. With the help of the schematic, I followed the yellow wire and found it had been severed. Looks like a rodent of some type got up into the area and started chewing on it as evidenced by the shredded firewall material. Thanks again!!!!!!
I am sorry if this is a dead thread but here goes. I am repairing a '04 Colorado that had been converted to a race car. Some of the wiring had been chopped out and many systems were not working. Blower control, electric windows , some interior lights. I have everything working except for the wipers. It appears that the wiring harness for that had been involved in a fire or at least very close to the fire. I located the wiring stub under the wiper motor access area under the cowl. I have 4 wires . Purple, Green Black and Yellow. I ran new wires to the fuse block for the Purple and Green. I ran the Black to a known good ground with what looks like a half a dozen other grounds. lol. In the schematics it says that the yellow comes from the BCM. There are 3 wires that look sorta yellow but my color vision sucks. I checked the lines for voltage with a Digital Voltmeter. One line was .11 volt and one other was 0.5volt. I did locate a very yellow wire coming down from the multi function switch ( turn signal lever). No voltage check on it yet as I was tired and kinda bonkers. I am just trying to find out where I can find the Yellow wire to make this beast work.