2004 Ford Expedition 5.4L - Drivers seat won't move back & forth

Good Day,

I have been trying to trouble shoot and hopefully fix the drivers seat in my wife's expedition. The only function that does not work is the back and forth function (Other seat functions work fine). When you move the switch you can hear a clicking noise, like it is trying to work, there doesn't appear to be any blown fuses, the problem seems like the motor is jammed?

During my various searches on the internet to find information, I came across a site that indicated a Technical Service Bulletin that describes this problem. The number was 0594. (If this helps)

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated as the location where the seat is stuck doesn't fit either my wife or myself comfortably.

Thanks!

It very well could be..Here is the tsb in part...Hope this helps.....Jim...........ISSUE
Some 2003-2005 Expedition/Navigator vehicles built before 12/06/2004 with memory seats may exhibit the driver's power seat binding in the full rearward position and becoming inoperative in forward and reverse. This may be due to the horizontal seat motor and memory seat position sensor (potentiometer) on vehicles built before 10/16/2003, or due to the potentiometer (only) on vehicles built between 10/16/2003 and 12/05/2004.

ACTION
If the vehicle was built before 10/16/2003, inspect the horizontal motor bracket under the seat. If the bracket has bends on either side of the seat motor, install a horizontal seat motor kit. If the vehicle already has a straight bracket, or if the vehicle was built between 10/16/2003 and 12/05/2004, install a seat potentiometer kit only. Refer to the following Service Procedure(1) If the horizontal seat motor bracket has bends (Figure 1) a motor kit will need to be installed. Proceed to Step 4. (2) If the horizontal seat motor bracket is straight (Figure 2) only a potentiometer kit will need to be installed. Proceed to Step 4.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jim is right on with the information for this problem if you take it to the dealer refer to tsb 05-18-14 it supersides tsb 05-9-4. Related part numbers for your vehicle are 5L1Z-14547-BA motor kit, 5L1Z-14547-AA potentiometer kit, 4L1z-7862127-(BAA parchment, BAB flint, BAC dark flint) valance. If you need the whole tsb and would like to do it yourself it's available though alldata. HTH Goodluck Greasemonkey :)

Thank you very much for the information!

The description is exactly the problem and the seat does have the memory option. I'll have to decide the best approach to get it fixed, might be easiest just to take it to a dealer.

Thanks again, you and your site have been very helpful!

Neil