Make
Honda
Model
Accord
Year
Miles
Engine
2.4L / 4 Cylinder
Replaced the valve cover gasket on my 04 Honda Accord, 155k miles. When I started my car after a few days, the battery was drained. I charged the battery and started the car and notice the car was idling up and down. Check engine light came on after a short time and threw a P0507 fault (IAV). I don't see anything with the IAV unless I missed something. I checked the car in case I bumped a vacuum line or disconnected a connector elsewhere but I don't see anything out of place. I could really use some ideas. Thanks!

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Idling up and down is reminiscent of a vac leak. Check for vac leaks at PCV valve/hose, the TBI itself or its gasket, the intake manifold and the brake booster vac hose. Those are things that may have been bumped or hit during valve cover removal.

Would also be good to do a relearn of the IACV if you have that capability. Also, the battery did get low as you say it drained and had to charge it. Maybe it needs a good drive cycle to relearn itself.

Here is how to do a relearn of the IACV. Usually, when a battery goes that flat, it is almost like doing a ECM reset; so try to do the relearn as follows in the snapshot below.
Screenshot (222).png

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
If code comes back, you have an active fault and that will need to be diagnosed. Use intake cleaner spray to help pinpoint the up and down idle. If it smooths out when one particular region is sprayed, it helps localize the vac leak.