Make
Honda
Model
Accord LX
Year
Miles
Engine
V4
First, my 04 Honda Accord is out of warranty. Second, I do extensive online research when my radio backlight off, however, everything is working fine. I cannot see the clock and radion stations when I drive night. Therefor, no reason to spend 4 to 5 hundreds to replace radio while the car is old with high milleges. But I want to fix it myself. Most of videos show how to fix about 6 cd players radio. When I remove my cd player, I realize I have single cd player I cannot open the cover of the block in order to see the motherboard. So I put it back in the car and I hope someone who may have ideas how to access the board, because single cd player is totally different with 6 CD Player. My radio faceplate is 2AC1. If I can access the board and I believe I can find the component may be damaged due to electrical spike. Otherwise, I think I may use LED attached the back display.

I doubt anyone will have an answer because (as I am sure you know) most people just replace the entire radio for around $100-200 since it is easier and less expensive than to pay for the repair. I do understand that you want to fix it yourself and I applaud you for that, so lets hope somebody has some info. Good luck.

At https://www.ebay.com/itm/Accord-NEW...ash=item3f62b92b69:g:XIoAAOSwfZhXMkZB&vxp=mtr

For all practical purposes, unrepairable if this one fits. Can be the bulb or the driver. See most of the these radios on ebay, preowned, use to say used are in the 175 buck range. Been a long time since I owned a Honda, most of the newer ones need the BCM to be reflashed by your dealer, use a code just like on your garage door opener.

Use to have a company in Wisconsin, Badger drive belts, could find a drive belt by size put it in a first class envelop and ship it to you for buck. Was purchased by a New York firm with a 50 buck minimum.

Use to be electronics, touching any of those chip leads would kill you, touch them now, will kill them.