2004 Pontiac grand prix 3.8L

alexandjojo

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
??? I have a code which I believe was a P0145 (I may be wrong on the code number sorry-got sidetracked while typing this) but it is for the EVAP-"HIGH LEAK". I noticed no leaks and the vehicle is very clean---super clean. So I took a look and notice light bubling at the schwader valve and notice someone had messed it up because I tried to tighten the valve up more and the valve was literally stripped and could not be taken out! So I replaced the whole line from front to back because there is yet no kit to repair this. Also, I replaced the gas cap. The only thing now I suspect is the EVAP solenoid but do not have specs on how to check it for Resistance. Could anyone shed light on this or is there another way of checking for leaks without spending much dollars? The light comes back on about 3 days later.......thanks

alexandjojo

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
'THE LIGHT"...MEANING THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

Gus

wrench
You mean P0455...large evap leak......could be a broken/leaking line.....bad vent solenoid....bad fuel tank pressure sensor....gas cap...fill pipe......any recent work on the gas tank(like changing a level sender)....

Unfortunately, this is an easy one for a tech...we seal the system and add pressurized smoke to the system...very easy to find...

alexandjojo

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
fixed

The evap selenoid located in the intake was stuck open and schwader valveport that was damaged (from the dealership wich they would not admit) the whole line had to be replaced.
Thanks.