2004 rear wiper wont shut off

Oh sorry, I am french. I thought this quote meant it won't work since putting back in the fuse. Did I read that wrong?

It work when i put the fuse back in. My switch is located under the instrument panel for the ac and heat inside my vechle. U can only push the switch up to turn on down for the washer fluid. After doing that it did work this time. Now with these diagrams i see exactly how do i understand them alittle better.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
The motor in the hatch for the wiper right
Yes, in the hatch. It is part of the motor assembly. You cannot buy that on it's own like the japanese model I showed above.

I am seeing 381$ for the OEM motor, https://www.gmpartsdepot.ca/p/Buick...MIiOC-lvC92wIVzAOGCh1_Tg6_EAYYASABEgIGi_D_BwE

but I see some going for cheaper on rock auto.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...6l+v6,1431686,wiper+&+washer,wiper+motor,8824

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok then, I will leave you to it. But know that this issue will return, that part is failing and will just get worse. But as others said here, not much of a necessary thing in summer. I have had a few trucks and never even bothered to use themeven with our harsh winters. They always ended up jamming up anyway.

Ok then, I will leave you to it. But know that this issue will return, that part is failing and will just get worse. But as others said here, not much of a necessary thing in summer. I have had a few trucks and never even bothered to use themeven with our harsh winters. They always ended up jamming up anyway.

Yeah if it does it again ill just pull the fuse and then replace the motor. Its minor for now. Thank you for help.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I just think it sucks that some auto makers cheap out this way, thus the client having to pay alot more for something that is engineered to fail.

Good luck. Hope it hold up for a while longer, but don't get your hopes up. At least it is not a essential part of safety. Well, at least not like your front wipers.

I just think it sucks that some auto makers cheap out this way, thus the client having to pay alot more for something that is engineered to fail.

Good luck. Hope it hold up for a while longer, but don't get your hopes up. At least it is not a essential part of safety. Well, at least not like your front wipers.
Thanks i agree. I rather do the work my self then going to a mechanic shop when i am capable of doing. Thats why i will ask if i run into a problem

jd

So 20-amp Fuse-32 powers the whole rear wiper/washer. Pulling that fuse won't let it run, or wash, or park even if it wants to.

What about the Green Wire, for Wash? I'm thinking about the Switch. We don't want to replace Switch if Motor's bad, OR Motor if Switch is bad.
When the system is right, and you hit Wash, what does it do? Some start a Squirt+Wash routine with one touch and shut off when done. Others do that only while the switch is held to Wash.

We're thinking the problem is that it can't find the Park position so it keeps running and looking for it when the Switch is off. Just wondering if it could be getting a steady Wash voltage down the green wire. That, of course, should also run the Washer Pump. I doubt this is the problem, but that pump would empty the rear washer tank, but maybe you'd hear it running along with the wiper motor.

Your testing should include power always on Yellow, not on Gray unless Rear Wiper is turned On, and on Green only if Wash is pressed.

I found the Motor as a reman on RockAuto.com for a little over $100 but that's after you pay shipping in, and shipping of your dead motor back as a core. A couple other places were much more. We just don't want you replacing a motor and all that work, when it might be something else.

So 20-amp Fuse-32 powers the whole rear wiper/washer. Pulling that fuse won't let it run, or wash, or park even if it wants to.

What about the Green Wire, for Wash? I'm thinking about the Switch. We don't want to replace Switch if Motor's bad, OR Motor if Switch is bad.
When the system is right, and you hit Wash, what does it do? Some start a Squirt+Wash routine with one touch and shut off when done. Others do that only while the switch is held to Wash.

We're thinking the problem is that it can't find the Park position so it keeps running and looking for it when the Switch is off. Just wondering if it could be getting a steady Wash voltage down the green wire. That, of course, should also run the Washer Pump. I doubt this is the problem, but that pump would empty the rear washer tank, but maybe you'd hear it running along with the wiper motor.

Your testing should include power always on Yellow, not on Gray unless Rear Wiper is turned On, and on Green only if Wash is pressed.

I found the Motor as a reman on RockAuto.com for a little over $100 but that's after you pay shipping in, and shipping of your dead motor back as a core. A couple other places were much more. We just don't want you replacing a motor and all that work, when it might be something else.
Up is to turn the wiper on down is to wash the window with the washer fluid. I checked the gray green and yellow wires. They are all good. So i put the fuse back in and now for some reason it wants to work again. I pulled the cover off just so i can see the motor and wires.

jd

When you say "Good" do you mean they show voltage as they should, Yellow always 12V, Gray 12V when wiper switch is On, Green 12V when you say Wash? Check again when it WON'T shut off.

Another thing you could try is testing for continuity between Motor and Ground (rest of the SUV's Body. Or run a temporary ground wire when it won't shut off, and see if that changes anything.

Or, run Fuse 20 through a separate Switch till you get tired of that work-around.

When you say "Good" do you mean they show voltage as they should, Yellow always 12V, Gray 12V when wiper switch is On, Green 12V when you say Wash? Check again when it WON'T shut off.

Another thing you could try is testing for continuity between Motor and Ground (rest of the SUV's Body. Or run a temporary ground wire when it won't shut off, and see if that changes anything.

Or, run Fuse 20 through a separate Switch till you get tired of that work-around.

Ok when u say check the wires. Are talking about the wires in the rear hatch where the wiper motor is or under the hood where the wash fluid is. We checked the wires while on and off and for some reason now it wants work properly.

jd

I mean for you probe the connector at the wiper motor, in your liftgate. Meter Black to Ground, Meter Red to the motor terminals where Gray, Yellow, and Green connect. You may have disturbed connection a poor connection with your tinkering and made it beter. Maybe it'll stay proper.

Both my daughter's new Soul had steaks in both her windshield and rear window after a year with on street parking in Milwaukee, swore she was buying windshield fluid by the 55 gallon drum, after one year her wipers were shot. Rarely use them, believer in Rain-X.

Did buy her a bottle of Windex and a roll of paper towels, she never used it.

Solid state reminds me of my kid's 90 T-Bird, called a power MOSFET transistor, only takes about a microampere to switch these on. Had a leak at the top of his windshield, by capillary action, went to the side on top of his windshield wiper. Pulled the module, was soaking wet, but just drying it off cured its problem. Also struck it in a zip lock bag to keep it dry. His problem, leaving the car out in the rain would wake up with a dead battery.

Had to pay a guy to remove the windshield to reglue it, one area I never got into, this was a permanent cure.

Somebody told me our vehicles were made for the showroom, is this true? Ha, think at times we should leave them there.

I mean for you probe the connector at the wiper motor, in your liftgate. Meter Black to Ground, Meter Red to the motor terminals where Gray, Yellow, and Green connect. You may have disturbed connection a poor connection with your tinkering and made it beter. Maybe it'll stay proper.
I hope so. If its not one issue its another but i know how to get things done. Thank you for your time.

jd

You are most welcome. Stick around. If you end up working this project let us know what happened. I've been with BAT before it was BAT and Yes I'm a Dinosaur. The guys here are the best you'll find.