2005 Cadillac SRX (Reposted from TroubleCodes.net)

jordanr

BAT Auto Editor
Make
Cadillac
Model
SRX AWD
Year
Miles
?
Engine
V8
Hey guys I have a 2005 Cadillac SRX AWD V8 with 3 misfire codes registering with obd2 P0301, P0302, and P0308. Is there any chance with this many codes registering misfire and a reading that shows 11 problems and a second obd that registered 16 problems, that maybe the firing order has been changed by mistake or improperly set prior to buying this vehicle now owner of 1 week.
My codes are as follows
P2176 throttle actuator control system – idle position
P0521 engine oil pressure sensor / switch range / performance
P2100 throttle actuator control motor circuit / open
P0420 catalystsystem efficiency below threshold bank 1
P0430 catalystsystem efficiency below threshold bank 2
P2097post catalyst fuel trim system too rich
P0171 system too lean bank1
P0174system too lean bank2
Do you think there is a good chance I only need to redo the firing order.

* Reposted from https://www.troublecodes.net/pcodes/p0302/

billr

wrench
Staff member
How is this thread going to operate, will the "OP" be coming here to answer questions and get our advice? I'm thinking having the plugs connected in wrong order is unlikely, the engine would run extremely poorly, not just set codes. If plugs are mis-connected I would expect four to show up bad, not just three.

What is the background here, was this car bought in this poor shape, or did all this pop up in just the first week. Obviously, if it came from a dealer... take it back there for them to make it right!

Do I need to make a reply on the troublecodes site, or has that OP already been advised to come here?

grcauto

Do you think there is a good chance I only need to redo the firing order.
I really doubt you have just a firing order problem. Might be a good idea to get some vehicle history rather than tackling this as is. If you don't have history I would start with the throttle codes.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I'm thinking having the plugs connected in wrong order is unlikely
This being a COP (coil on plug) style engine, the word unlikely is and understatement word.

The best bet here would be to record the freeze frames. Set them aside for future reference Then do a proper drive cycle. See what comes back. Most likely the lean codes are the source of the misfire codes.

That should be looked at first. If Op can give us a freeze frame data page of fuel trims at time of misfire that would be great.

Something affecting both banks? Hmm, check for a vac leak. Fuel pressure problem. Why is it running lean?

A fly by wire system in principle shouldn't and won't cause a misfire and lean situation.

jordanr

BAT Auto Editor
How is this thread going to operate, will the "OP" be coming here to answer questions and get our advice? I'm thinking having the plugs connected in wrong order is unlikely, the engine would run extremely poorly, not just set codes. If plugs are mis-connected I would expect four to show up bad, not just three.

What is the background here, was this car bought in this poor shape, or did all this pop up in just the first week. Obviously, if it came from a dealer... take it back there for them to make it right!

Do I need to make a reply on the troublecodes site, or has that OP already been advised to come here?
I am trying to lure OP's over here when we get better quality questions on TC. Emailing them now.

billr

wrench
Staff member
While you are at it, clear the "report" at the upper-left of our home page. I don't see any way to do the action requested, so I left it alone.