2005 Honda CRV 4WD, Auto

Mechanics
I have a 2005 Honda CRV, 4WD, Auto Trans, that will not lock with my remote. I can open/close the door with the key. I can also alarm the car with the remote (it beeps when I hit the lock) but the doors will not unlock/lock by remote. Can someone please tell me what might cause this or do I have to take it to the dealer?

Thanks for the help!
r/
Cliff

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Do the unlocks work on all the door switches? Try unlocking the doors from passenger side when all are locked. I ask this to assure myself that the switch and circuit of the car is good before condeming the remote. If all functions of basic car work well, than a good bet is the remote unlock button is defective. To be sure, it would be nice to know if this is a honda OEM remote or a aftermarket installation! If it is honda OEM than maybe there is a wiring problem with the remote module under dash panel. I will research for you and post back findings.

While all doors are locked, unlocking the passenger door does not unlock the driver side. I have to unlock each door. Also, the remote and key are one unit (both OEM from the dealership). We have two keys with remotes and we get the same results for each key. It was working fine 25 Nov and the next day I had this problem. I too was thinking it was something other than the key/remote. Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know. Where is the remote module?

Thanks!
r/
Cliff

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I am thinking you have a open in your door lock system. At the door hinges there should be a rubber tube going from door to pillar frame. Peel this back to expose wiring, look for any broken wires that may have resulted from opening and closing door repeatedly. most common on drivers side for obvious reasons. Another way is if you have a amp meter. If you have one please post back and I will tell you how to check without removing door panel. You can also check the door lock switch with an ohm meter. The passenger door does not unlock all doors, I don't know if it should unlock all doors, but I am thinking it should. I would stay with the master switch on driver side, if you apply voltage directly to door lock solenoid, does it actuate?. These are little things that can help you fix this. In my opinion, that remote is ok, you probably have a switch or wiring problem, or a actuator. Check door lock fuse also.

In the fuse box, I don't see a power lock fuse. Which one is it or where is it, if I'm not looking in the right place? How is it labeled? And no, I do not have an amp meter by I do own an ohm meter.

Thanks for the help.
r/
Cliff