2007 KIA Sedona Starter Intermittent

Discussion in 'Import Vehicles' started by jd, May 16, 2014.

1. nickb2

nickb2 Wrench. I help when I can

Diagnostic tech
    don't f with me.jpg

2. nickb2

Diagnostic tech
    Next apprentice will have this tattooed on his arse.

3. jd

jd Hero Member

Good for you! Wish I could have gotten the owner to just let me do that!
    For the Sake of the Thread, I've learned lately, the Starter was finally replaced. She's a mother-of-school-age-kids, so that car cranks up and goes somewhere MANY times a day. There's also a lot of long trips, so she's got Cycles and Miles. The KIA seems to be a pretty good vehicle.

4. jd

jd Hero Member

@nickb2 - We're out RV camping and I just helped pull a couple Canadians' little Class B RV (Dodge ProMaster FWD Chassis) out of the soft sand next to our site. My tow rope and suggestion we pull it out backwards by the trailer hitch instead of forward by the plastic front. Dodge 2500 with Cummins did the tugging. Anyhow, thought of you. Quebec City. I hope I find you well. Thanks for all you do for so many of us!

5. nickb2

Diagnostic tech
    If your close by and I understood "I hope I find you well" I have a good fondue and a special french wine that awaits your fine company.

You can PM me when you are close to the 20 highway a bit north of montreal. Thx BTW for helping those canadians in that chintzy FWD RV. That is a whole other discussion about ppl and small fwd rialtas. What a waste of money putting a VR6 in a frameless framed RV. Talk about the rear wheels have left the building.

;)

6. jd

jd Hero Member

I'd love to sip, taste and chat. Your English is usually better than mine. In this case, Friend, my words mean: "I hope and pray you are happy and free from illness and pain."

Since the Canadians (Quebec City), a US couple camping in a Nissan minivan arrived to use the site. They heeded my warning and backed in on the solid edge of the site. They left today and another US couple came in towing a travel trailer with a pickup. As they parked, I told them the side they were on was OK, just don't go in that sand joining their site and ours. They did OK with the trailer. I came back later and the sand was all rutted. Wife had driven her FWD Toyota Sienna in there, got stuck. Fortunately their truck was 4x4 and they have a tow strap. Not like I didn't tell them.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017