2007 Suburban Z71 TC Light, Hard shifting, Random No crank, and more.

I have a 2007 Suburban Z71 with the 5.3 flex fuel, 4wd, and about 87k miles. I believe these are at least two separate issues.

Issue #1 - Randomly while driving I get a Traction Control Off and that is followed with a Service Stablitrak message. I never noticed if it throws a CEL as well, but will check next time. Sometimes when this happens, it shifts hard between gears. It usually happens when I am about 5 minutes from home. After shutting the truck off and starting it back up it seems fine.

Issue #2 - Saturday, I remote start the truck as I am loading it up with tools. With the keys in my pocket, I am unsure if I pushed the panic or if the alarm tripped. I hit unlock a couple times to stop the horn, no biggie. After the 10 minutes the truck shuts down, like normal. I jump in and go to start it and I get nothing. I go to grab my meter from the back and the tailgate will not open. The glass will pop though. A list of everything I noticed weird at this point.
[list type=decimal]
[*]Won't crank
[*]No Gear Shift Indicator
[*]Service 4WD light active
[*]Fuel gauge not working
[*]Tailgate opener not working
[/list]
I lock the truck and go inside to google. About 15 minutes later I come out, unlock the truck, and it acts normal. Starts up, all lights off, and everything working. Later that night, when I am headed back up it started up fine, no service anything lights or CEL, but the thing starts shifting rough. I pull over, shut it off and start it back up and it's fine.

When I went out to the truck this morning the Service 4WD stayed lit up. The following is what I noticed this morning.
[list type=decimal]
[*]Gear Shift Indicator flickering
[*]Service 4WD light active
[*]Door locks randomly locking
[*]A lot of clicking(relays?) coming from under dash, sounded almost as if directly under steering wheel area.
[/list]

I shut it off and took my car to work. I found the following TSB's but don't know if either are relevant to either issue, so any info provided would be greatly appreciated.

Vehicle: 2007 Chevrolet Suburban
08-07-30-021G
Bulletin Date:
Mar 2012
GM: LOSS OF HIGH SPEED GMLAN COMMUNICATIONS, INTERMITTENT NO CRANK, IP GAGE FLUCTUATION, INTERMITTENT DOOR LOOK CYCLING, INTERMITTENT CHIME OPERATION, VARIOUS IP WARNING LAMPS ILLUMINATED, TRANSMISSION MAY NOT SHIFT, COMMUNICATION DTCS U007 ( NHTSA ITEM NUMBER - 10043829 )

Nature of Defect:
POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
Bulletin Number:
08-07-30-015
Bulletin Date:
Apr 2008

have the vehicle scanned - suggest you have a professional scan and NOT the free type, you will need to look at "B" and ABS codes.

SWAG - self inflected caused by remote starter issue.
Also I would look at a ign switch, BUT scan is place to start. Any other modifications?

A 07 with factory remote?
anyway issue is electrical - will need thise codes B series.
I would start - with a wiring diagram using a DVOM checking power at several fuses...I seams the circuits are NOT energizing or intermittently -the chattering- powering up.

Gear Shift Indicator flickering
Service 4WD light active
Door locks randomly locking
A lot of clicking(relays?) coming from under dash, sounded almost as if directly under steering wheel area.

When I got home I ran the codes. It was intermittent again(like this morning) and I got U0073 and U0102. A couple minute later it whatever is doing the clicking has stopped and its back to Saturday. No crank, Gear Position Indicator, and multiple lights. Also popped a new code, a P0700.

So I went through pulling fuses for ecu's. The BCM is the one that is doing the clicking. When I pulled that fuse there was no more clicking but I could watch the lights and gear position indicator still flickering and flashing. When I pulled the fuse for the TCM the BCM went silent. Still no crank of gear position light and had multiple Service and CEL, but the BCM stopped it's noise and it was calm. Unfortunately calm the wrong way. I do think this should point me to the TCM though. Whether it is wiring or the module it self or a false leas though, I don't know. Another problem, I don't know where it is. Does it sound like that could be the issue and if yes, does anyone know where it is?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
You seem to have skills, if all pin test's check out, try a tcm but not yet. :idea:
But I wonder?? What are you reading in scanner data???

I read all post's, still no data info?

Today with bus line, mux line, all the modules communicate together, need to know if you have checked out all wiring before spending a week's pay on a bad ground.

Last merc I fixed, 12 modules on board. Pin testing is essential in this. :idea: :thx

Do not want to be a ahole, dialectrc grease and proper DVM,s are needed here to pin-point this.

http://www.ruggedcomputing.co.uk/department/obd_obdii_interfaces_and_cables/ Here is what you need for mux line.

Here is another link for you 8) http://youtu.be/TX6qk33MLiE

This is for can/bus line protocal. Hoping these links will help. ;D