2008 300

dmk

2008 Chrysler 300 Touring 3.5L 2WD 110,000km.

Ok guys, gals. This is driving me crazy. Over bumps my front brakes rattle like crazy. Needed a brake job anyway so Raybestos rotors, pads, and anti-rattles. Was quiet for 2 days. The caliper pins are steel going into cast brackets. It is like they should have one pin with a rubber sleeve. Any fixes?

If you rest your foot on the pedal,ride the brakes, does that stop the rattling?

If so, you are correct, the pads are rattling. Then you need to figure out how to stop it. I know, that is why you are here. I have had success be bending the anti-rattlers, or even a dab of something like silicone sealer on the ears of the pads or ??? Just a thought.

dmk

Yep, thats the kit used.
Noise not there with light brake pressure. Front end tight.

Easy fix remove calipers and check for play at the pads mounted in position on the anti rattle clips. If the pads move remove the pad then use a ball peen hammer to hit the edge of the pads metal tabs to flatten out and enlarge the metal to take up the extra room. Reinstall and check fit. If the pad slides in and out with no excess movement you are done if you can't get the pad back in you went to far. No worries take a file and file it down a bit. Work well on a lot of brake pads with noise problems. HTH Greasemonkey :)

Those tabs you are going to "expand"...one of them will press hard on it's support when you brake while moving forward. The other tab will press on it's support when braking in reverse. Modify the tab that presses on it's support when braking in reverse.

Old 85 Honda used those shims, only available from my dealer, cost around twice the price as the pads. Would last longer if I coated both sides with anti-seize.

One thing Consumers Report got right, Honda brakes suck, was a twice a year job for me. No need for shims, so what was Chrysler thinking? Oh, the entire family drove Honda's back then.