2011 Mitsubishi Galant AUX no sound

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE: Mitsubishi
MODEL: Galant ES
YEAR: 2011
MILES: 104,000
ENGINE: 2.4l V4
DESCRIBE ISSUE.... Just bought the Gallant today for my daughter. Noticed the AUX port is installed, but when I plugged in her Droid phone, no sound comes out of the speakers. I tried 3 different cables and even my old iPod Classic. Still nothing. Is this normal, and can I just replace the AUX adapter?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
can I just replace the AUX adapter?
if you have soldering skills, yes, but is that worth the time and effort. you can probably upgrade.

Walmart sells some pretty nice setup. or check out autozone, or canadian tire, all those kits will fit for this gallant.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
il_fullxfull.704786546_ps10.jpg Often times I have complaints like this from clients, sometimes a shot of brake cleaner or electrical contact cleaner does the trick.

Most often, the PCB board needs soldering. Most often than not, the unit is not worth the repair.

Inside a car, coffee gets drops, or makes you poop, hope not BEER, etc.

If the AUX jack is giving you grief, probably time to upgrade, since your in there.

So that was my $.02

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Another idea, most often the aux jack has a fuse on the PCB, so check the wiring.Nada, no fuse for aux port that is worth replacing.

That would be AUX BOX C-140.

AUX adapter is C-141.

Other than that, the 1/8" jack is f"ed. Not worth the repair as said in above comments, time for an upgrade.