2012 Ford F250 6.7 Liter Diesel

I have received a recall notice on my truck. The recall number is 14E03. The statement on the recall is:

"This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Canadian Enviromental Protection Act, 1999. On your vehicle, the Selective Catalyst Reduction system calibration must be updated; therefore we are voluntarily recalling your vehicle."

Can anyone tell me what this involves and will it affect anything else like fuel mileage or power. The truck has been great and I don't want it to change for the worse.

Thank you,
StanH

billr

wrench
Staff member
I can't tell you what the recall involves, but if this vehicle is still under a power-train warranty I recommend you take it in. You don't want to let them have any chance to deny warranty coverage if something major fails.

get it 'reprogrammed' -
I believe the issue is the EGT sensor fail causing engine shut down.

if you want more google ' FSA: 14E03'

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
FIELD SERVICE ACTION NUMBER: 14E03

FSA TITLE: REPROGRAM POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE

A recall is an action by the Company to remedy a safety or emissions-related concern related to a vehicle defect or regulatory requirement. It may require that you return your vehicle to the dealer for service. If your vehicle is not affected, it may be because it was built at a different time or using a different part than the affected vehicles.

Be advised that this system tracks safety and emission recalls and customer satisfaction programs for which vehicles are subject to repair in the United States. The information provided is subject to change and update. There may be temporary delays in update of information on this site due to a number of factors. For the latest information regarding the status of your vehicle or any recall program of Ford Motor Company, please contact your local dealership directly or the Ford Customer Relationship Center.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
In essence this recall will do; The PCM flash will lower the temps that the regen system reach during a regen cycle. This will keep EGTs lower and not cause over heating damage to the sensors reducing sensor life. A longer regen was not mentioned, but common sense would say, at least to me that with lower temps the regen will require more time to do an efficient burn.

Source also shows that the recall release will be dated 2/6/2015 however the dealerships should currently have the program in hand to do the flash as needed.