2012 vw Passat door locks not working

Make
VW
Model
Passat
Year
Miles
Engine
Hey guys....it has been awhile.Hope everybody is doing ok...I have a 2012 vw Passat 2.5 in here that came out of the auction as a wreck.He had somebody fix the body damage which was front end and drivers door replaced.the power door locks do not work and there is no power to the stereo.I have checked all the fuses and can't get any power to the locks or the stereo.wondering if you have any ideas what I can check or a wiring diagram for the power door locks. thank Jim

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Yeah, when a car gets bent a bit, some chassis grounds get moved around. When I chase electrical gremlins on a car after a fender bender, I usually check out all the grounds to chassis in that area. Tighten them down since they move under impact. A harness will either snap or bend. But chasing a ground choke point is difficult.

Try to follow the ground choke points that share the common radio and door locks. They may be on left kick pillar.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Driver door switch ground is confirmed at G639 left kick panel, radio ground is G610 I think behind center console. Anyway, power is not at all on same B+ line.

You could give all those components a proper ground to each and they would work regardless, but tracing the B+, should be easy with those wiring I gave up.

Hope you liked my upgrade from white on black I used to post.

;)

Hope you keep busy, it is important to do so.

thanks...I checked all the fuses and everything is good..I will check the grounds. I haven't figured this thing out yet....Taking a couple days off the Dr. said he thinks I picked up a virus somewhere, so I feel like crap right now.Thanks for the diagrams....Jim

Hey Nick....I checked the grounds and they are ok....still no door locks or stereo....can you send me a diagram of the fuse box under the hood...I don't have a diagram of what the fuses are..I keep blowing one of them and a little smoke from under the drivers seat from the metal box or module (not sure what it is)....i guess when they did they body work they replaced the drivers door from a donor car...Not sure but he thinks they used they wiring harness and module from the donor car....and the original one is gone....I have had a problem awhile back from another car...don't remember what it was,but things wouldn't work with the donor module had to use the one from the car originally....maybe it can't see this module....Jim

Hey Nick....I checked the grounds and they are ok....still no door locks or stereo....can you send me a diagram of the fuse box under the hood...I don't have a diagram of what the fuses are..I keep blowing one of them and a little smoke from under the drivers seat from the metal box or module (not sure what it is)....i guess when they did they body work they replaced the drivers door from a donor car...Not sure but he thinks they used they wiring harness and module from the donor car....and the original one is gone....I have had a problem awhile back from another car...don't remember what it was,but things wouldn't work with the donor module had to use the one from the car originally....maybe it can't see this module....Jim

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
.Not sure but he thinks they used they wiring harness and module from the donor car....and the original one is gone....I have had a problem awhile back from another car...don't remember what it was,but things wouldn't work with the donor module had to use the one from the car originally....maybe it can't see this module....Jim
This would explain alot.

But not the radio.

I will check tommorow on a co workers car, he has almost same model car. I will plug in my scanner to see if there is a driver door module reset/reflash available.