2014 Jeep Wrangler U0414

Discussion in 'Domestics' started by yeowguy, Aug 31, 2017.

1. yeowguy

yeowguy Sr. Member

Hey I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport with the trouble code U0414. Does anyone know what would cause this? I found others saying they needed to replace the TCM. How hard is it to replace the TCM? Does the new one need to be reprogrammed by a dealer computer?

2. kev2

kev2 wrench

Alarms are going off in my head-
    A jeep, wrangler, and a U code - WHAT did you do? Is vehicle STOCK? Any other codes, issues?

Which eng trans? maybe a 3.6 and a nag1 trans? I will check for TSB's if I know that info

3. nickb2

nickb2 Wrench. I help when I can

Diagnostic tech
    A u"U" code DOES NOT mean a module is in trouble.

It simply implies a lack of data transfer or loss of data transfer or invalid data.

In your case, I think it is for invalid data from the four wheel drive clutch control module. A long way from a TCM.

I would simply clear the code and see if it comes back. How is it driving?

As Kev asked, any other codes? Something as simple as an ABS problem could set of something like this. I would just clear it and see. If it is a hard code, it will come back straight away as the CAB BUS id is very hard to get away from. If it was just a glitch is the BUS/CAN data line, don't mess with it yet and wait till it becomes a problem. If it drives fine, code stays away, ignore it.