46RE FRON BAND ANCHOR

Discussion in 'Transmission Forum' started by beach81959, Oct 30, 2011.

1. beach81959

beach81959 Newbie

IS IT Possible t reinstall the front band anchor without dropping the valve body, does' t look like it, not too much goo in the pan but is it worth trying, the girlfriend is a little short of funds. I have all the sensors and solenoids that usually go and planned on installing them during the fluid service until I found this wandering around the pan. only problem the trans seem to have was a delayed 1-2 up shift all else seemed fine

thanks

Rob

2. billr

billr wrench Staff Member

Can you post a picture of that part you found in the pan? That might jog someone's memory...

3. kev2

kev2 wrench

Tell us MORE info, what vehicle, model year (MY), any codes .
    I have a OEM 46re manual, and would agree with billr show a picture. Doubt there would be first without pin or anchor.

First thought - depending on MY throttle valve adjustment....controls shifts and kick down "feel"

4. stu

stu Hero Member

Home Page:
    If the strut has dropped out there will be no 1-2 shift.
    The front band is second gear.

The valve body must be dropped to reinstall it.

5. kev2

kev2 wrench

Poster claims - 1-2 shift is fine - althought delayed? A picture is worth a thousand :BeatsMe

6. stu

stu Hero Member

Home Page:
    If the anchor or strut has fallen out of place the shift felt is probably 1-3.

7. kev2

kev2 wrench

OK ... makes sense for an electronic trans - 4 solenoids. I am wondering what happened to 2nd - why would it default to 3rd without a slip or flair.

and again.... "Tell us MORE info, what vehicle, model year (MY), any codes" .

8. LynnM

LynnM Sr. Member

I would also check the end of the band where the rod fits. I had one on a 727 break the ear off the band SO look carefully and check the band adjustment after reinstall

9. stu

stu Hero Member

Home Page:
    This transmission is not truly electronic. Yes there are solenoids but it still maintains simplicity.

The front portion is just a 727 coupled to an overdrive unit. No real rocket science.

If the intermediate band goes south the transmission just carries on until vehicle speed is high enough for a 1-3 shift.