96 chevy astro

Hey guy's I have a 96 Chevy astro van 4. 3l rwd with 225,000mi, about a month ago I changed the water pump and at the same time I changer all heater and radiator hoses as well as the thermostat and flushed the radiator, now it seems to be leaking water again but I cannot find from where???? once and a while I get that sweet smell in the car but I do not see any water coming from the htr. core??? It looses about a gallon in two weeks. Any ideas????????

Thanks

It's probably leaking around the intake. Look at the front and rear valley areas. Also, check and make sure it's not getting into the oil. Slight possibility, but If it is it'll wipe the bearings.

Hmmm, Just replaced a water pump myself on a Astro a few days ago, Was actually checking the timing chain, but anyway, had to do it twice,, my problem was when I placed the new pump on I thot I could save some time (hint) and not change gaskets,, so when I was all done and started it up, a profuse leak appeared which couldnt be traced unless you got under the vehicle and got dowsed,,, So guess what, the passenger side gasket had somehow folded up and wasnt sealed properly. I did get it done properly and can now say what a foolish mistake. So, if you look up under the front of the engine, wear some goggles and use a flashlight,, look at the mounting where the water pump bolts to the block, also check the bottom hose connection on the pump or radiator. These are two common leak sources. You can also purchase some dye which when put in the cooling system, will show up under a black light when it leaks out, this will show where it is coming from for sure. Coolant will leak down any crevace or valley so yeah its difficult sometimes and almost indetectable until it hits the ground. So let us know how you fare will ya,, thanks.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will check it out this weekend but I have not seen any water under the van. But I will check it out. Thanks