96 Tahoe Transfercase

nickb2

Wrench. I help when I can
I did hook up a SPDT switch to the motor and was able to go from 4w high and 4w low but into 2wd. Thanks again.
Ok, wait a minute for me to catch up. A SPDT switch is a single pole double throw switch, correct? Maybe you are not probing the right circuit for 2wd selection? But in principle. you should be checking out the front diff actuator for disengagement of 4x4, correct?

Once you tell me which of the four transfer cases available on these trucks you have, I will provide the proper wiring diagram. It will help me further to help you. Good on that?

If you have a NV 241, it is a manual shift. If you have a 243, it is electrical shift. BTW you are writing, I am going to assume you have the NV 243, and here is that wiring.

I uploaded that here, just click on the ACE 0 pdf.

Attachments

nickb2

Wrench. I help when I can
Also which confirms what I think, if you have two connectors for the encoder, you have also a TCCM(transfer case control module.) That module is the one that sends the signal to the front axle actuator to disengage 4x4.

I hope I didn't confuse you.

Hope this helps.

I picked up a 96 Tahoe 4X4 with no motor, trans, wiring and no engine control module or trans controller. I installed a 383 stroker motor SBC, a new 4L65E trans, MSD EFI fuel injection with compuer and MSD trans controller. Transfer case is a 243 C. I bypassed the encoder by installing SPDT switch at the connector where it plugs in at the electric motor.

Thanks again for your help.