97 bravada shift solenoid b problem

i took it to auto zone and advance auto they both said 755 code shift solenoid b circuit open/shorted.

the problem is the car wouldn't shift right, i only had revers,second and third gear, and that was if i manually put it in those gears,if i left it in overdrive the car started out in third gear and never shifted. Now if i shut the car off and let it set a few seconds it will work fine but that's only if the car is warm, if its cold and i shut it off and it starts out fine but as soon as i give it a little gas it goes from first gear to third, now i changed out the shift solenoid b but it does the same thing. why would it work warm fine but not cold?
i wonder about the shift solenoid connection because i had to splice it and i didn't like the connectors they gave me . i might try to solder the splice and shrink tube it.my knowledge of transmissions is limited so i need all the advice i can get. i dint want to keep dumping trans fluid to troubleshoot it. well that's all i can think of. please help

Codes do not say replace part.
They say to check it out.
The code also says circuit which could be wiring or pc problem.
Did you change the right or left solenoid?
Is it getting voltage to it?
Is the wiring from solenoid to pc good?
Did you knock off the plugin off when you put the pan on? :)
Is the solenoid getting voltage to it?

i assume it is getting voltage because it does work when the car is warm. i will check the plug to make sure its seated good. i changed the passenger side solenoid i didn't know there were 2 shift b solenoids. i wonder if the heat is making the o rings swell and then they seat and the valve body works properly

No body said there were 2- B solenoids.
There is a 1-2 shift solenoid and a 2-3 shift solenoid and a 3-2 shift solenoid.
And for that car and transmission there is no transmission code of P0755.
P0755 is a obd11 code.
I would suggest a good engine transmission capable scanner for a better code and operation check.
Check for any slipage cold and shift times cold and then hot.
Post back any other codes more codes you get.

Have the codes been clerared and rechecked?
Why did the wiries or plug in need spliced in?
If it is tempt related I would suspect internal transmission problem.
Have you checked the transmission line pressure?

Transman

Receptionist & Complaint Dept.
Website
www.edsofvineland.com
I can answer the splice part for him, Rostra (brand) as well as many other cheap brand solenoids come with quick connect or bare ends that you have to splice into the original harness. Go OEM only for these, aside from the fact they are more reliable but they are also direct fit. This means you unplug the old one and plug in the new one.
Today's transmissions are very sensitive to poor electric connections as they use a feedback system also to read the solenoids and activate them. Poor grounds and connections including the battery itself, bad power from an alternator can cause problems also. As has been stated above "code failures do not mean replace parts, it means there is a problem in the circuit." This may be a problem anyplace inside the circuit, front to back. Post back with info and we can help more but in the meantime, don't throw parts at it, you might even make the problem worse. Transman