'97 F150 electric mirrors issue

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE:Ford
MODEL:F150
YEAR:"97
MILES:147,200
ENGINE:5.4 V8
DESCRIBE ISSUE....the only function working on the electric mirrors is "down". Neither mirror will go sideways, or up. Possibly the switch? How do I pull the switch? I don't want to go prying on something I shouldn't!!

I think those pry up with a small screwdriver. If it is still stuck after some effort, or there is no good surface to pry under, you will have to remove door panel to release tabs. But before you do, work the L-R switch a bunch of times and work the directional around a lot. Since the mirrors usually get very little use, sometimes they come back if you give the switch a workout.

nickb2

Wrench. I help when I can
Here is a wiring. If having fun with pin testing. If with the master power window switch connector reveals that all wiring is good, then you can condemn the master power window switch.

Or you can work backwards. Replace the switch in hopes it will fix the issue. But if replacing the switch does not work, you are back to square one.

So here is an excersize in fast trouble shooting without throwing parts at a truck for nothing. Just disconnect the mirror connector,

nickb2

Oops. got in a fight, I have a black eye, but my right hand knows I got the best.

I completely forgot to give this snapshot whilst some arsehole was knocking on heavens door. Good thing the local cops know who I am. They told the guy, don't f with him, he always is on our doorstep asking what he did wrong.

nickb2

So that being said, split lip, black eye and all. I still like giving out free advice. Like my right hand seeks the arsehole that just can't keep his mouth shut when certain things are left best alone.
Screenshot (153).png

Had to put the switch issue on hold. Seems the frame had two hidden cracks that my inspection station found. Had to take the truck to the weld shop.

jd

I completely forgot to give this snapshot whilst some arsehole was knocking on heavens door. Good thing the local cops know who I am. They told the guy, don't f with him, he always is on our doorstep asking what he did wrong.
I noticed you mentioned a diagram that wasn't attached. We won't interrupt you during a Knuckle Mending Victory Celebration. Thanks for letting us know what You and the Other Guy look like. We all need to tune our hearing to clearly tell between "Shut Up" and "Stand Up."
I'd like to add Heated Power Mirrors to my Frontier Truck I think I can get the Mirrors, and even the Switch, be on my own for the Wiring. I'm told, but haven't checked yet, that Nissan does NOT pre-wire for options that are not on the vehicle, like Toyota does.
Our EYES are "powered" better than Car Mirrors. To look Up and Left, the Car has to first go Up (or Left) THEN Left (or Up). We humans can shift our gaze on that diagonal...PS 139:14 I am fearfully and wonderfully made... Infinitely more Nerves and Muscles that our creations have Wires and Motors...
Glad you're OK!!!

- It turns out our eardrums seem to change position in coordination with our eye movements. This may help our brains link what we see and hear.

jd

- It turns out our eardrums seem to change position in coordination with our eye movements. This may help our brains link what we see and hear.
All the more wonderfully made. It becomes fearful when all that starts go go wrong!