'97 F150 electric mirrors issue

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Seeing where this thread is going, I am an atheist. So a shoe box should do the trick. I like Reebok summer shoes, and have told all loved ones this is how I want to leave this beautiful planet.

Garbage in, garbage out. Since I don't believe in any thing, might as well think a reebok shoebox will get me 2 virgins, or was that 15, or 24. Shyte, got confused with how many beers in a 6 pack.

Yeah, sign me up for liquification. Apparently,cheaper.

https://physics.info/heat-latent/summary.shtml

jd

Regarding Automotive, I'm thankful for the Wiring Diagram, and I'm glad at least some of the parts aren't fearfully and wonderfully made. The wife sits a little lower in a vehicle than I do, so power mirrors would be a blessing. I need to get back on that. I was willing to go Not Heated, till the frost last week. My mind strayed to "Gee it'd be nice if the vehicle remembered My Settings and Her Settings. Oh wait! Some do! All through the SRWMCM (Seat, Radio, Window, Mirror Control Module). I'm amazed how you guys can work on this stuff! And glad you can. Frontier starter wouldn't crank. BAT sent me a diagram and I found the circuit doesn't go from Key to Relay to Starter Solenoid via a Clutch Pedal Switch. Oh No! Key sends an "Engine Crank Request" to the PCM via the CAN Bus. Luckily my problem as mechanical. The rubber button on the clutch pedal where it pushes a doorbell button down by the pedal arm, had broken. Duct tape a penny over the hole and it's all good again... Off for Mirror Shopping.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ha, amazing what you can do with ducktape. Hey Jd? Ever heard of the canadian comedy show Red Green. That guy does amazing things with nascar 100mph duct tape. Ever heard of a duct tape spare? Check out a few videos of this duct tape canadian guru.

You might just laugh and find new uses for this all purpose piece of ingenuity made by human brainstorming by the ever great company 3M.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I'm amazed how you guys can work on this stuff!
Yeah, just went through night courses on hybrids. After markets shops are starting to see them more and more, my boss needed a certified tech for that. So another patch on my useless array of BS diplomas to make the client feel safe when I work on 500or so volts. Add a bit of amperage to that, it can be quite lethal. So I guess only certified techs should work on those cars/trucks. Maybe that night course will save my life in the futur. Who knows?

Billr is actually alot better at this conversion stuff than I am. But 6.5amp hours is still 6.5amps I think!!??:confused:. Some hybrids can go as high as 700v +or-. So do the math, what is more lethal? 12v 600amphour rated circuit? Or a 600 or so volt circuit on a 6.5amp rated circuit. Just look at the size of the neon orange colored wiring for the hybrid electric motor, might give you an idea not to f with that if you don't know what your doing. I think this sticker they put every where on these systems is also a persuader of sorts. They look something like this. :eek: Just the size of the capacitor gives a hint, very important to discharge those, even if circuit is supposedly open and supposedly safe to work on. The other picture does justice to the size of those capacitors.

2017_Cayenne_pg146b.jpg

11845_15805.jpg

So jokes aside, here is an ingenious hybrid.

jd

I like Red Green's Boat Trailer.

Actually crossed my mind to get something like an Olds Toronado, cut it, and graft a boat trailer frame to the back end. Big FWD ending in an aluminum trailer frame with tandem wheels...

Nickb2, on the photo of the pins, is that looking into the back of the switch, or into the plug as it came off the switch. Also, the wiring diagram was great but I tried to print it out to take out to the garage, and i could only get the entire diagram in a post card format, and need a large magnifying glass to read it. Couldn't get it to print out full size

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
HI gullythumper, actually, I can't remember if I gave you the female side or not. I will try to correct that.

In regards to the printing problem, maybe I didn't upload that in PDF format.

If your still with me, I have to say a few personal things, I have to go to criminal court tomorrow, boss asked me to keep him abreast of situation. So I am sleepless in seatle so to speak, may be looking at a worst case scenario of 3 - 5. federal. Ouch.

So basically right now, my GF is next to me not knowing if I get a free ride in a paddy wagon, but normally, I am telling my family, I will be fine, money aside for whatever has been taken care of, no need to loose sleep. That is my job. I did the crime, which is not really that bad, I just punched out a young buck cop, he is looking for an easy paycheck.

However, I will try direct hit and mitchel. My go to program is usually alldata, but I have come to learn errors within each of these software take time.

So, if I don't respond back, it's not that I forgot, I guess I will be playing cards in between to quarts of milk.

This site is kind on my version of Murphy's law. What can go wrong will go wrong. Add to that a not giving a flying f for past behavior, thinking stinking thinking, like all this was going to magically go away like a ticket you stuff in you glove box. Not going to happen.

I am not proud of my past, patches and all. That doen't mean I have to die by the sword so to speak. I have tried real hard to change my life around. This site is proof of how one can actually do that.

I am what some ppl call striker. Old habits die hard, but I am fully aware that I have actually done what many cannot do. The easy life, yeah. easy when you don't give a shyte. Now, I am older and listen to stuff like this.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok, snapshot of direct hit, same pin out as alldata gave. SO I guess you are looking at male side of things, cus that is normally how ford and other products work. Screenshot (173).png

Thanks for all the help. Sorry to hear of your perils. I hope there will be enough others on here to fill the void you will leave. ...............That new format copied perfectly..............Good luck, always