Make
ford
Model
ranger
Year
Miles
unk.
Engine
A friend has a 2011 ranger xlt 2.3 automatic that only blows cold air when on MAX A/C if he turns control to regular A/C is changes to warm air.

Any thoughts?

Here is my wild guess: I assume Regular air is to not recirculate, but to allow fresh air into the cabin through the A/C . But perhaps a blend door is actuating improperly and instead of opening the fresh outside air it is opening the heat door or some other blend door problem. I do not know if that is even possible. As I said, just a wild guess.

kev2

wrench
I suspect temp blend door actuator.or heater flow actuator = read the differences in actuator position. heated core valve and blend door position- BUT max AC is a just fine cooling is improved.

System Airflow Description — Manual Climate Control
MAX A/C

When MAX A/C is selected:
  • The air inlet door vacuum control motor is at full vacuum, closing off outside air and admitting only recirculated air.
  • The panel/defrost door vacuum control motor is at full vacuum and the panel/floor door vacuum control motor is at no vacuum, directing airflow to the instrument panel A/C registers. A small amount of airflow from the side window demisters will be present.
  • The heater control valve is at full vacuum, preventing the flow of hot coolant to the heater core. Blended air temperature is not available.
  • The A/C compressor will operate if the outside temperature is above approximately 6°C (43°F).
  • The blower motor is ON.
A/C
When A/C is selected:
  • The air inlet door vacuum control motor is at no vacuum, admitting only outside air into the passenger compartment.
  • The panel/defrost door vacuum control motor is at full vacuum and the panel/floor door vacuum control motor is at no vacuum, directing airflow to the instrument panel A/C registers. A small amount of airflow from the side window demisters will be present.
  • The heater control valve is at no vacuum, allowing the flow of hot coolant to the heater core. Blended air temperature is available.
  • The A/C compressor will operate if the outside temperature is above approximately 6°C (43°F).
  • The blower motor is ON.

Last edited: