Make
Jeep
Model
JK
Year
Miles
Engine
v-6
Changed my charging accessory port to an USB port as the original one failed. Pretty basic, two wires, in and out. I drive the jeep to the store and within 50 feet I get 4 warning lights all related to brakes and ABS system. Too much of a coincidence. Everything so far points to the control module, I need to verify that is the issue before dumping $$ into a new one. Pricy suckers.

I would definitely follow trouble tree - let me know yes or no at end of testing

Attachments

Jeep had lights showing on dash after driving into garage, turned off engine and scanned, c2200 code, erased code turned off ignition, turned back on, no codes.
It trips it once you go about 50 feet.

Step 2 not sure if I am too perform those steps or not, clicking on does not take me to a link to further explain .

I could not attach both answer directions the yes or no - you cleared code C2200 started jeep and it returned.
That is a YES to question 2 the suggestion is replace module

that is NOT where I would end hunt , Im to cheap.
all you did was R&R the USB, and my thinkiing is to check wiring,
there are NO other codes?

No new issues- something else not working now? only code is C2200?
you do have a scanner? did you look at freeze frame?
new installed usb is operating?

USB repaired is located console under radio?

I could not attach both answer directions the yes or no - you cleared code C2200 started jeep and it returned.
That is a YES to question 2 the suggestion is replace module

that is NOT where I would end hunt , Im to cheap. Me too,exhaust all avenues and be sure thats what it is.
all you did was R&R the USB, and my thinking is to check wiring, there are NO other codes? No other codes, removed panel again to check. removed fuse for usb and still had the issue.

No new issues- something else not working now? only code is C2200? yes
you do have a scanner? did you look at freeze frame? my scanner just showed code and ability to delete.
new installed usb is operating? yes

USB repaired is located console under radio?
yes

OK, I answered all your questions so it may help the next person, I drove to the first errand and lights were on, saw a dirt road and jammed on the brakes, no abs(had to verify that) drove to next errand and when i came out I started the jeep and then tapped the ESP box with the butt of my hammer a few times and drove home with no warning lights on. Now the esp switch is the only one near the bottom of the panel where the accessory port is, i checked this am to see if that interfered in any way, also switched the esp on/off while driving and it had no effect on the abs. So....it's not fixed,the lights are off for now, but it narrows down the field, Ill keep you posted and thank you for helping.

jd

Left-Field kind of question, related to ABS but not the electronics...
Each wheel has a gear-like "reluctor" and a magnetized sensor that "counts the teeth" to compare rotational speeds of the wheels. ABS electronics make decisions based on that information.
I just wonder if there's rust/dross/dirt gotten into one or more of those reluctor/sensor interfaces (or a bad sensor) that just coincidentally decided to fox your ABS.

ABOVE POST HAS ME THINKING - YOUR SCANNER WILL READ ALL CODES -ESP THE ABS MODULE?

Each wheel has a gear-like "reluctor" and a magnetized sensor that "counts the teeth" to compare rotational speeds of the wheels. ABS electronics make decisions based on that information.
I just wonder if there's rust/dross/dirt gotten into one or more of those reluctor/sensor interfaces (or a bad sensor) that just coincidentally decided to fox your ABS.
Quite possibly. Right now the ABS is working, I plan on removing all wheels soon for maintenance and will be checking those.

grcauto

See this all the time, especially in the rust belt. They usually set wheel speed codes.

the ABS is off yet other systems are lamps are on?

Jeep electrical issue - Avenue of last resort . CLASSIFIED !!! EYES ONLY.

Remove IOD at least 1 minute wave over head reinstall. THEN ADVISE

Attachments

the ABS is off yet other systems are lamps are on?

Jeep electrical issue - Avenue of last resort . CLASSIFIED !!! EYES ONLY.

Remove IOD at least 1 minute wave over head reinstall. THEN ADVISE
I just drove the Jeep to my "dirt road, jam on the brakes" testing ground and the ABS worked as it should. No lights on, Jeep runs fine.
Does that ESP switch do anything but allow you to turn it on and off, is it motion sensitive. With the panel off for access to the USB installation, it was upside down.