Ford
Model
Explorer
Year
Miles
Engine
5.0L
2000 Ford Explorer, 2WD, 5.0L, 240k miles

This is my brother's truck, and I'm trying to help him out with it. The AC is working great; producing cold air. However, when driving, it goes from cold to cool, to tepid, sometimes warm, and back.

Last night, we replaced the blend door actuator...before we replaced it, the air was blowing HOT particularly under acceleration; now it's doing some better, but still not right. Is there a vacuum reservoir, or a few particular vacuum controls that I need to look at during a drive, to see what's going on?

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike- no replies? sorry - how did this happen to a regular -

there are 2 controllers one with common dials. and of course the EATC push button digital display. Most likely its a dial set up?

my first thought is the heater water flow valve esp as you did the blend door actuator - that is a PIA isnt it ?

Attachments

Mikerizer

Website
www.batauto.com
Hey Mike- no replies? sorry - how did this happen to a regular -

there are 2 controllers one with common dials. and of course the EATC push button digital display. Most likely its a dial set up?

my first thought is the heater water flow valve esp as you did the blend door actuator - that is a PIA isnt it ?

Thanks for the input, and the diagram! I'll have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure this all push button control. I should have mentioned it's the Eddie Bauer edition. I may change out the heater control valve for giggles.

grcauto

2000 Ford Explorer, 2WD, 5.0L, 240k miles

This is my brother's truck, and I'm trying to help him out with it. The AC is working great; producing cold air. However, when driving, it goes from cold to cool, to tepid, sometimes warm, and back.

Last night, we replaced the blend door actuator...before we replaced it, the air was blowing HOT particularly under acceleration; now it's doing some better, but still not right. Is there a vacuum reservoir, or a few particular vacuum controls that I need to look at during a drive, to see what's going on?

Thanks,

Mike
There should be a reservoir. It may be cracked or some other vacuum leak in the system. In the mountains we install an larger or aux reservoir.