Accord PS Pump and Rack

ChevyDude

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE:Honda
MODEL:Accord EXL
YEAR:2011
MILES:197k
ENGINE:4 cyl
DESCRIBE ISSUE....
Took my wife's car in to have the XM radio checked out and the dealership politely performed their 3000 point inspection and found the PS pump leaking as well as the steering rack. I don't plan on attempting the rack, but does anyone have the procedure for the removal and replacement of the PS pump?

Thanks guys

kev2

wrench
R&R PS pump
I would check the hoses carefully before condemning parts...

Attachments

Last edited:

jd

Totally different vehicle, but our old Ford RV chassis had a leak in the high pressure steering hose ONLY when the wheel was being turned and the vehicle wasn't moving.

ChevyDude

R&R PS pump
I would check the hoses carefully before condemning parts...
Thank you sir......I've not gotten under the vehicle yet and looked closely at things. Hell, they wanted to replace the positive battery cable due to a little corrosion....keep in mind the metal clamp is not compromised or eaten up. I think these cars don't break often so when they are in the shop they work extra hard to identify every small failure.

Thanks a bunch

kev2

wrench
Attachment
Is there any problems? - I would think install was reverse of removal OR are you just making sure before tearing into it.

Attachments

ChevyDude

Just making sure before tearing it down. Just wondering if there is a flush and evacuate recommended. Thanks a bunch

I did not see anything about flushing, bleeding - looked at R&R pump and hoses saw no mention or reference.
My thoughts, after R&R front wheels off ground steering back and forth lock to lock.