Brake pedal pulses down at stop but no fluid leak. (ABS Brakes)

Eric1974

Make
Jeep
Model
Cherokee
Year
Miles
Engine
4.0 Liter
When coming to a stop my brake pedal pulses down a little then stops but there is no fluid leak anywhere. It's a 2000 Jeep Cherokee with ABS brakes. Just noticed this problem a few days ago. The ABS light was on for a day then went out but the problem still remains. I did top off the brake fluid although it was not too far at all below the full line but nothing has changed and the ABS light on the dash remains off. I did hear just a little bit ago a noise coming from the engine compartment when I came to a stop just a little bit ago, kind of like a pump or something.

Thank you
Eric

©hester

Is there actually a pulse in the pedal or are you experiencing excess pedal travel? Can you get a higher pedal by pumping up the brakes? Excess pedal travel could be an indication that the rear brakes are not adjusted properly. Getting a higher pedal after pumping could indicate air in the system or the master brake cylinder is beginning to fail. Low brake fluid means one of two things; either you have a leak or your brakes are worn and should be inspected. The ABS code will be stored in a history file.

©hester

The electrical connector? Knowing that, the pulsation you had could be caused by a tone ring. The ABS code would be most helpful.