C0221 Right Front wheel speed sensor

Boomer

Yes, they do. That trouble shooting tree at one point says drive the vehicle above 12 mph and see if the light goes out.

Would not dare hard wire my electric drill in, plugging in all over the place, but sure hardwired my ABS sensors in, soldered, coated with RTV, slide pm shrinkable tubing and heat it. Darn connectors are exposed to road salt. If I do have to replace one, just cut the wire and solder in the new one, but this is rare.

ABS has two steps, static, and dynamic, static can mean the master, pump, relays or one of the sensors having an open circuit or dirty relay contacts. Dynamic occurs at around 5-7 mph, in this case, due to corroded connector contacts, the amplitude can be low.

When ABS was made law, really getting a POS, vehicles with these only pulse once per second, optional were ten pulses per second, if used, sounds like the front end is falling apart. Can no longer hot wire the ABS pump for super fast bleeding, need a scanner now. Some Standford professor with a grant from the DOT says ABS if 14% safer by running a statistic program he wrote up.

Most manuals I read on this subject, if you do key in the ABS pump, only run it for a few seconds or else you will burn up that slot car size pump motor.