Make
Cadillac
Model
XTS & SRX
Year
Miles
35K & 15K
Engine
Anyone know how to disable the fuel pump on a 2013 Cad. XTS and SRX? Both have the 3.6 engine. Looking to preform a complete intake and fuel rail cleaning. Part of the process is disabling the fuel pump. Looked in three fuse boxes, no fuel pump relay.

Fuse 67 in underhood box. Powers Fuel System Control Module. This car has no traditional fuel pump relay. Fuel System Control Module works via data communication network.

Thx for the quick reply. Can a bi-directional scan tool be used to turn off the fuel system control module off?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
In short answer, yes. A tech 2 bi directional scanner or similar, such as an autel or versus etc will activate the fuel pump, but it will be on a timer. You can disable the FP, but you will need to keep key on. Best procedure is to remove the FP fuse as dan indicated. Simply remove the fuse, start car and wait till it dies. That is the safest way to relieve fuel pressure and have no possibility of fuel pump activating on you by surprise.

But if you wish, key on, deactivate fp with scanner, start car, let it die, then remove neg of BAT.

I am not disagreeing with Dan, but from memory, the FP fuse and relay are in the the rear compartment fuse box on the SRX. I know, I did a fuel injection cleaning on one this past monday. Screenshot (279).png

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
As for the XTS, Dan is right on that one, the 20 amp FPCM fuse should be removed in the underhood fuse box, then start car and let die. Then remove bat - and continue on with your intake work.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
So, as you see, two different cars, same make, same engine, same year, but fuel system works differently electronically. ;):bat:

The XTS works the fuel pump via the FPCM and uses an internal relay (probably has a more techy name to it) on CAN line, where as the SRX uses an external/removable/replaceable fuel pump relay. Pretty cool eh? SO if a fuel control problem such as internal relay arises on the XTS, its a $$$ FPCM module, where as the SRX can be repaired for a few bucks if the relay gives out.

Last edited:
Fuse 67 in underhood box. Powers Fuel System Control Module. This car has no traditional fuel pump relay. Fuel System Control Module works via data communication network.
CCM (20amp) is the description for fuse 67. Seems that it should read FCM.

On the SRX, this is where the rear fuse box is. View attachment 10257
Thx for your prompt reply Nick. I haven't searched other than under the hood on the SRX. I'll check out the back. Thx, this will be helpful. I did find three fuse boxes in the XTS. Dan states fuse 67 under the hood disables the fuel pump. That fuse is labeled CCM (20amp). I would have expected the Fuel Control Module to be FCM.

I have an Autel MaxiSys MSD906TS w/BT. The switch being on a timer is not helpful. Not sure how long it takes to run a can of cleaner through the rail. I'm going to do the Valvoline easy GDi 3 part cleaning system. What system are you currently using?

grcauto

Thx for your prompt reply Nick. I haven't searched other than under the hood on the SRX. I'll check out the back. Thx, this will be helpful. I did find three fuse boxes in the XTS. Dan states fuse 67 under the hood disables the fuel pump. That fuse is labeled CCM (20amp). I would have expected the Fuel Control Module to be FCM.

I have an Autel MaxiSys MSD906TS w/BT. The switch being on a timer is not helpful. Not sure how long it takes to run a can of cleaner through the rail. I'm going to do the Valvoline easy GDi 3 part cleaning system. What system are you currently using?
Don't do it with the scanner. Remove the relay/fuse or disconnect at the pump module.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
We have three kits, one for the GDI's I prefer the kleen flow cuz it is easier. Have never used the valvoline 3 step stuff. I will surely ask my boss to buy some. I can see the cars later on when they come back in for other stuff and see which one actually cleans better.

The other two are OTC and a knock off of same OTC pressure system cleaning kit.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
As I wrote before, and GRCAUTO seconds, I highly recommend not using the scanner. I just use that when a code may appear from interupting the FP circuit.

I own a autel 908pro. The 906 is awesome also. ;) Good buy on that one.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Oh, and slash my remarks on removing - bat. I thought initially, you were doing some removal of intake stuff.

Obviously, you will need battery power to do a full injector cleaning. Those take about a good half hour or more when your used to them. Cus on a GDI, to do a full cleaning, you will also have to go through the air intake boot to remove the shyte on the throttle vane and runners etc. That is what the "S" shaped thing is for.