Clutvh slave

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE: Ford
MODEL: Tanger
YEAR: 2000
MILES: 99000
ENGINE: 3.0
DESCRIBE ISSUE....Clutch slave fail......No leakage anywhere. Went to Ford. Clutch, Clutch Slave, Flywheel grind. $3300 bucks later, I hope to get another 99000 out of it.

nickb2

Wrench. I help when I can
Hi Scott, just to know, was there a question here? Or were you asking if you paid to much?

Labor for a 4x4 should be around 5.6hrs give or take being it is a 2000. For a 2x4, it is around 4.1hrs. In regards to clutch parts, same part # applies in both cases.

A clutch pack goes for about 300$, probably can get cheaper if looking on e-bay or something, summit racing has a kit going for 128$, a slave should go for about 100$. A flywheel grind goes for about 50$. At least that is what my local guy charges me.

At my shop, we charge 89$ per hr. So do the math.

I am going with a 4x4 for this estimate, and going with high end clutch pack without going for the race clutch at 500+$. This estimate, I would to give any client that comes into my shop for a 2000 ford ranger. I would also give him or her the option of cheaping out on the clutch pack price but advising doable mileage may suffer due to inferior product. But usually a newly installed clucth should do at least 100000km's regardless of price if client does "ride" the clutch due to bad driving habits. That we can't account for.

Clutch pack-= 314$ (includes disc, pressure plate and pilot bearing) note, there is no throwout bearing in this kit, that comes with the slave on these models. Or at least my memory thinks it does. I have done a few of these in my time, these rangers are a bitch to bleed.
Slave=100
Flywheel resurfacing=50$
Labor= 89*5.6
Brake fluid=10$
Acetylene torch service(if needed)=10$
Odd bolts and hardware(if needed) =20$

Total before taxes gives this 1002.40$ In quebec, we are the highest taxed province in canada. We get charge 15% on every dollar. SO 1002.40$*15%=150.36= 1152.76$

Huge difference from 3300. 3300-1153=2147$ you could have put on a new kitchen counter in marble to boot. ;)

Did you pay too much? IMHO, which is like an arsehole, every one has one, you paid WAY too much for a simple clutch and slave replacement and flywheel resurfacing.

Even if you went to ford, and they charge anywhere from 110-130 hr in my region, you still paid way too much.

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE: Ford
MODEL: Tanger
YEAR: 2000
MILES: 99000
ENGINE: 3.0
DESCRIBE ISSUE....Clutch slave fail......No leakage anywhere. Went to Ford. Clutch, Clutch Slave, Flywheel grind. $3300 bucks later, I hope to get another 99000 out of it.
My mistake, there was quite a bit more done than that. Timing cover too, which involves a boatload of stuff. Figure front and back of the motor. I wish the had a longer warranty for offer on the work I had done.

Hi Scott, just to know, was there a question here? Or were you asking if you paid to much?

Labor for a 4x4 should be around 5.6hrs give or take being it is a 2000. For a 2x4, it is around 4.1hrs. In regards to clutch parts, same part # applies in both cases.

A clutch pack goes for about 300$, probably can get cheaper if looking on e-bay or something, summit racing has a kit going for 128$, a slave should go for about 100$. A flywheel grind goes for about 50$. At least that is what my local guy charges me.

At my shop, we charge 89$ per hr. So do the math.

I am going with a 4x4 for this estimate, and going with high end clutch pack without going for the race clutch at 500+$. This estimate, I would to give any client that comes into my shop for a 2000 ford ranger. I would also give him or her the option of cheaping out on the clutch pack price but advising doable mileage may suffer due to inferior product. But usually a newly installed clucth should do at least 100000km's regardless of price if client does "ride" the clutch due to bad driving habits. That we can't account for.

Clutch pack-= 314$ (includes disc, pressure plate and pilot bearing) note, there is no throwout bearing in this kit, that comes with the slave on these models. Or at least my memory thinks it does. I have done a few of these in my time, these rangers are a bitch to bleed.
Slave=100
Flywheel resurfacing=50$
Labor= 89*5.6
Brake fluid=10$
Acetylene torch service(if needed)=10$
Odd bolts and hardware(if needed) =20$

Total before taxes gives this 1002.40$ In quebec, we are the highest taxed province in canada. We get charge 15% on every dollar. SO 1002.40$*15%=150.36= 1152.76$

Huge difference from 3300. 3300-1153=2147$ you could have put on a new kitchen counter in marble to boot. ;)

Did you pay too much? IMHO, which is like an arsehole, every one has one, you paid WAY too much for a simple clutch and slave replacement and flywheel resurfacing.

Even if you went to ford, and they charge anywhere from 110-130 hr in my region, you still paid way too much.

I challenge you to find somewhere that will do it for that much, with a warranty. Front and back of motor RnR. All of it. Intake manifold leak, clutch and slave replacement, flywheel grind.

nickb2

Wrench. I help when I can
Well, yeah, sure would see how all that work would fly into the 3grand range. As you wrote, you did not mention the timing cover and the intake manifold leak.

I am glad your happy with the work.

:bat: