Comment on P0602 – Engine control module (ECM) -programming error by Jamie

J

Jamie

Hi I have replaced all 4 injectors after having them sent away and tested as faulty. After fitting the new ones and programming them in to the ECU I now have the code po602-a and a unhappy customer. The description is small quantity not learned. So I follow the small quantity learning procedure but it’s unsuccessful. It goes as far as engine speed out of range and will not continue the procedure. I have tried several times and with 2top of the range scanners. I have now ordered a new ECU as the next step. But any advice would be greatly appreciated. The vehicle is vauxhall combo 1.7cdti with denso injectors and Isuzu ECU year is 2007. many thanks

Continue reading...

grcauto

What brand programming tools are you using? I assume you are trying to code the original module. Many times these modules will not allow programming unless all trouble codes are fixed and cleared.

Hi I'm using maxyisys pro. Yeah it's the original module but I have another one on route from eBay to try. When I did a complete code scan the only fault in the engine is the small quantity learning error and one fault in the power steering witch cleared and didn't return but it still won't complete the small quantity learning procedure. Engine runs fine idles and revs fine just the car with the wrench light on. I'm thinking the module has a fault and won't allow the learning of the small quantity to complete.