Comment on P0743 – Torque converter clutch (TCC) solenoid -electrical by Dennis

D

Dennis

On my 05 sport trac I am getting the P0743 TCC circuit electrical code .
The trans shifts into all gears , how ever the light on the dash keeps flashing ( OD /off).
When the light goes off the trans goes back into OD , this is a steady on and off . I clear the code restart the truck and after just a few seconds it comes back on . The truck will seem to run fine. I can click the OD button on the shift lever and it does take it out of OD. When I turn the truck off and go to restart the code comes back. This started after I had to change out my motor The trans is 18 months old . Where and how do I self diagnose ? Please if you can help

Continue reading...

billr

wrench
Staff member
You changed out the engine, was the trans changed also? Were the engine/trans from the exact same year vehicle, with same 4/2WD options and same axle ratio and exact same engine option? Save me some searching... who makes the "Sport Trac"? Do you have an electrical multimeter and know how to use it? I suppose I should ask... why did the engine have to be changed?

grcauto

You may have pinched the wiring between the engine and trans. Need to do some basic testing with a DVOM if you have one and know how to use it. Do you have a good scan tool?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Taking a wild guess this is a ford explorer, pick up edition.

The Ford Explorer Sport Trac (also shortened to Ford Sport Trac) is a truck that was manufactured and marketed by Ford Motor Company for North America. The first mid-size pickup truck produced by Ford, the Sport Trac was marketed from the 2001 to the 2010 model years (skipping the 2006 model year).