Comment on P0907 – Transmission gate select position circuit -high by Adrian Vlad

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I can't help much here. I have NEVER seen a semi automatic toyota on the canadian market. Maybe something wrong in the select stroke sensor circuit. You can maybe use this link to check it out. It is for a corrola, but may be similar. Who knows.

https://corolla-club.ru/doc1/5d502c00a0c6957299e4e058fd72b42b.html

Or try this video.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Google was my friend here. Seems to be a mass of info out there, and a common problem I found on the "net" is the Multi-Mode GearBox Clutch Actuator

There are rebuild kits available. But those seem to be more for the P0810 common code.There is alot of videos on youtube for that. I am pretty sure you will find a fault close to the magnetic yoke or something to that effect.

Here is a very interesting article I found on the net of how a MMT works. Worth the read I think. https://pmmonline.co.uk/technical/the-toyota-multi-mode-transmission-design-and-function/

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
From what I gather on the net, the mmt gearbox was not one of toyota finest moments. I know I was not of much help in the trouble shoot dept, but this may be a start for your question. BTW, year would be nice. None of my databases gives me anything

Gate selection "high" would probably indicate a open in the windings or the IC chips.

I highly doubt I will get a response since this is a trouble code dot com shoot over, but hey, at least I gave it the good old canadian try. At the same time, I have self taught myself a bit in case the north american market sees this type of tranny. But I hsve not even heard of it hitting our borders, but who knows.

Multimode Manual Transmission (MMT or M/M, also Multimode Transmission)[1] is a type of sequential manual transmission offered by Toyota. It uses a traditional manual gearbox with an electronically controlled clutch. Multimode Manual Transmission is available in the Aygo, Yaris, Corolla, Corolla Verso, Mark X and Auris in Europe, and should not be confused with Multimode Automatic Transmission, which is offered in the North American market by Toyota.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
P0907 Gate Select Position Circuit High
    • Select stroke sensor (main) signal voltage is 4.8 V or more for 0.5 seconds or more

(1-trip detection logic)

• Select stroke sensor
    • Open or short in select stroke sensor circuit
    • TCM

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
if you have replaced the sensor you need to do an initialization here is how to do that. I found this on a russian site.

• INITIALIZATION (Without using GTS)

Tip:
      • If initialization of the multi-mode manual transaxle system fails, perform the operation again from step [*1'] 15 seconds or more after turning the ignition switch off.
      • Prepare the vehicle. [*1']
          • Stop the vehicle.
          • Move the shift lever to N.
          • Turn the ignition switch off.
      • Using SST, connect terminals TC and CG of the DLC3.

*a Front view of DLC3
        SST 09843-18040
      • Wait at least 10 seconds.
      • Turn the ignition switch to ON.
      • Depress the brake pedal at least 7 times within 3 seconds.

• The buzzer sounds twice with an interval of 0.25 seconds.
      • Depress the brake pedal.
    1. Move the shift lever in the sequence shown in the table below.

Table 1. Initializing Shift Sequence Operation Shift Sequence Initialization of ECU N → E → M → - → M → - → M → - → M → - → M → E → N Initialization of clutch N → E → M → + → M → - → M → + → M → - → M → E → N Initialization of transmission N → E → M → - → M → - → M → + → M → + → M → E → N

• Release the brake pedal.
      • Depress the brake pedal once.

• The buzzer sounds at intervals of 0.5 seconds as follows (there is an interval of 2.5 seconds between each cycle).
              • Twice when initializing the ECU (one cycle)
              • Three times when initializing the clutch (one cycle)
              • Four times when initializing the transmission (one cycle)

• Tip:
              • If the buzzer does not sound as specified, wait at least 15 seconds after turning the ignition switch off. Then perform the procedure from step [*1'] again.
              • If the buzzer sounds at intervals of 1 second (not at intervals of 0.5 seconds), wait at least 15 seconds after turning the ignition switch off. Then perform the procedure from step [*1'] again.
      • Depress the brake pedal 3 times or more within 2 seconds.
          • The buzzer sounds twice with an interval of 0.25 seconds.
      • Turn the ignition switch off and wait at least 15 seconds.
      • The initialization is complete.
      • Disconnect SST from terminals TC and CG of the DLC3.
  • LEARNING (Without Using GTS)

Tip:
      • Perform the procedure below to ensure that the initialized TCM stores the adjusted clutch position or gear position.
      • If learning of the multi-mode manual transaxle system fails, perform the operation again from step [*1'] more than 15 seconds after turning the ignition switch off.
      • Prepare the vehicle.
          • Stop the vehicle.
          • Move the shift lever to N.
      • Wait at least 50 seconds.
      • Wait at least 20 seconds.
      • Start the engine under the following conditions:
          • The shift lever is in N.
          • The brake pedal is depressed.

• Tip:
        The shift position N indicator blinks when the engine starts.
      • Wait at least 10 seconds.
      • Check that the shift position N indicator illuminates continuously (stops blinking).
      • The learning is complete.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Link to techstream GTS software. I should work with this china clone. It is the europe version. I have the north american version installed in my laptop at work, great tool to have and its free. I use a drew tech j box pass thru, works fine. I wouldn't rely on the cd from china, this install guide wizard is probably your best bet if you shell out the 65$ for the vehicle interface module. Its release date was last year.

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/GTS/Wizard/Step5-Software.aspx