Dodge
Model
Caravan
Year
Miles
Engine
v6
Hi friends:

Left front door window goes up 1/8 inch or as much as 2 inches and stops. Wait a few minutes and that can be repeated.

At first I thought it was the circuit breaker tripping due to sticking window or regulator or bad motor.

But the window down function and the right door window still works when the left up function does not. The dome light does not dim when the window stops . Assuming there is just one breaker for the system, I think the breaker is OK.

Then I thought perhaps a bad contact in the switch .

Not my car. So I don't especially want to take the door panel off to do an electrical check. Do you guys think it is the switch?

Attachments

Last edited:
What I really need is a wiring diagram. And I found one at Autozone.

Last edited:
With multiple jumpers I bypassed the switch and have identical results proving the switch is OK. So the circuit breaker under the dash or the one in the motor is opening when trying to go up. Since the motor works in both directions although throws a breaker going up I feel the cable system is jamming during up usage.

I have never worked on a "cable type" regulator. My experience has always been with the older "lever type".

Has anyone had any luck with lubing or freeing up these regulators or must they be replaced?

Here is a link to pictures of the regulator and motor assy: https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Regu...utomotive&vehicleId=12&vehicleType=automotive

I would recommend removing door panel at this point for two reasons.
1. You can put some lube on the "slider blocks" to see if if helps.
2. You can connect power directly to the motor wires to see what happens. Reverse the polarity of your jumper wires to change motor/window direction.

Removing/installing the regulator on 2000 Caravan is like one of those puzzle games at Cracker Barrel. When you finally worm it out of there, make a mental note of the last thing you did, then grab the new regulater with the same grip, twist it to the same configuration, and begin the reverse process immediately. You will be crazed by frustration during the removal process, but do not take a break when you finally get it out.