DTC P0008 on 2008 Cadillac SRX

Hello,
I am getting a DTC P0008 on my 2008 Cadillac SRX V6 4WD. This is accompanied with a loss of power noticeable when going up an incline.
Doing some internet research has led me to believe that it is a common problem with these vehicles relating to the timing chain.

I think that the TSB listed below will relate to the problem i'm seeing. However, I have 109k miles on the vehicle now and it is no longer under warranty. Can I get a copy of the TSB below? I'm wondering how serious this is and how much I should expect this to cost if I have someone do it? - I could probably do it myself, but don't have the time at the moment.

NHTSA Item Number: 10052863
Service Bulletin Number: 12-06-01-009-D
Date of Bulletin: Aug 01, 2013
Component: (pws)
Summary: GM: SOME VEHICLES REQUIRE REPLACEMENTS FOR HIGH FEATURE V6 TIMING CHAIN KITS AND GUIDE REPLACEMENTS. ALSO INCLUDED CHEVROLET CAPTIVA MODEL YEARS 2009, 2010, AND 2013. *JS

Thanks!
-Rob

see your friendly Cadillac dealer - a 2008 nay be within the 5yr100k mile warranty OR the special policy for this issue.
TSB's are proprietary your dealer can help with a copy.. this is NOT repeat NOT a DIYer

NHTSA their system is useless their numbering system meaningless and the information they provide is even less helpful....

The 3.6 issue is well documenteed - google 3.6 tiiming chain....

Just a follow-up for everyone:
I contacted the dealer and this is still covered under the service bulletin (the coverage is extended to 120k miles). The dealer will even provide a loaner car!. It's good to know that GM is making this right for their customers.
-Rob

Great answer, Kev. You saved him aggravation, time and money. You get my worthless award for the best answer of the year. Only wish my problems were that easy to solve.

Jack

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Try to make sure they pull the oil pan and remove nylon from guides if damaged due to chain rattle so as not to abstruct the oil passages. I have seen this issue in alot of gm products of late, premature wear from the guides due to bad engeneering. Hell on oil passages. When they open and repair, make sur new guides are installed also. As for kev, in agreement for tip of the year. Happy the op got a loaner and good service, good car regardless, just use the best oil, don't cheap out on this cuz this is a major issue. Happy motoring.