Electrical issue with blinkers, Intermittent. 05' Dodge Neon

Discussion in 'Domestics' started by BC, May 12, 2016.

1. BC

BC Full Member

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE: Dodge
    MODEL
    :Neon
    YEAR
    :2005
    MILES:100,00
    ENGINE
    :
    DESCRIBE ISSUE....

Blinkers, Flashers Brake lights work intermittently. Checked fuse panel & looked under hood at fuse box for loose fuses, etc but couldn't find anything. Is there another solenoid somewhere I'm not seeing?

Thanks!
    BC

2. kev2

kev2 wrench

multi function flasher - combination switch - will try to add diagram ASAP

3. BC

BC Full Member

Doe this unit consist of the turn signal/headlamp cluster?
    [​IMG]
    Thanks!

4. kev2

kev2 wrench

Trying a new way to attach diagrams..... hope it helps...

Don't get mad I am trying a new way to add info...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  5. BC

BC Full Member

Okay thanks for the diagram. Found one on rock auto for under $60.00 so Ill get one.
    Thanks

6. BC

BC Full Member

I'm suspecting the lighting control module can anyone tell me where to find this? I know it's a huge pic as Trump would say.. but here is what it looks like. Thx![​IMG]

7. jd

jd Hero Member

That Trump-Sized photo's nothing but a "Bosch Relay." I say "Bosch" because that's who made the first ones and made them famous, but the brand and license are now owned by TYCO. Search <Bosch Relay> and you'll find'em everywhere. AutoZone, etc. even Radio Shack. Just be sure you get one that has all FIVE terminals. Some are modified to have only four. The Four-pin can only connect #30 to #87 when energized. So does the Five-pin, BUT it also has #30 connected to #87A when NOT energized. It's possible not every application actually USES 87A, but if yours does, something won't work if you install a Four-pin

Disclaimer: Never have worked on a Neon. That said, long "Experience" (fifty-cent word for "Bad Luck") tells to be sure all the appropriate points in the circuit(s) are GROUNDED properly (clean and tight) where-ever they need to be.

8. nickb2

nickb2 Wrench. I help when I can

Diagnostic tech
    I sure hope Trump won't win the game. Bad luck for us in north america. If I was given the choice between Trump or the canadian green patsy, I would choose green. ;) At least I know the green party won't screw me and probably will not sting on the stogy.

And that relay does not remotely resemble a lighting control module for your car.

That relay is correct for your application. But I suspect you may be talking about the DRL module. All that wiring goes through it.

I am versed in canadian models on these neon's. So everyone that I have fixed had a DRL module to deal with.

Edit, that relay is universal. An AC relay also has 5 pins and also the auto shutdown relay. so don't believe that wiring. It doesn't show the power distribution and grounds.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  9. nickb2

Diagnostic tech
    I am at my gf's house right now, so I don't have access to my database. But I would like to know if replacing the relay got it done? I highly suspect that it did not.

If so. Well, your a lucky camper. It was only the relay. That could have been checked with a AC relay in lieu. These neon's are notorious for corroding wiring close to the juction box and grounding issues in the PDC .

10. nickb2

Diagnostic tech
    oops, should have put a n in junction. I hate my english. At least I try.

BTW, I am happy your skills at copy paste match mine. LOL.

I use snagit now. Much easier and I don't look like a fool when showing a ground point or a possible pin connector.
    https://www.techsmith.com/snagit.html

11. nickb2

Diagnostic tech
    All things aside, if you get power the filth pin is for your BCM/DRL signal.

Hopes this helps. I now have to shimmy a door and probably will wake up the neighborhood. When I am done doing this, I will post back with proper schematics.

But I think this is not a issue for you, the point you must take here is pin testing every wire and junction point. Wiggle test at each stage of testing.

12. nickb2

Diagnostic tech
    This video makes me laugh. I just find it wonderful how different ppl speak the same language and starts wars over the same shyte.

13. BC

BC Full Member

The DRL module the same as Multi Function Switch? If not where is this located?
    Thanks!

14. Mobile Dan

Mobile Dan wrench

jd is mistaken. The flasher module looks very similar to a generic relay, but it is not the same. From Amazon...
    Product Description
    The Novita LM470 is an electronic lighting control module that is capable of controlling turn signal and hazard functionality in your vehicle. The Novita LM470 is compatible with popular LED upgrades and modifications.

The Novita LM470 plugs into the rear of the Multi Function Switch, between steering wheel and dashboard, as Kev2 diagrams show.

15. Mobile Dan

Mobile Dan wrench

[​IMG] In this pic, the Novita LM470 is called a combination flasher. See that oval with a triangle in it? That represents the Hazard Flasher knob on your car, which you can see sticking up through the upper steering column clamshell on your Neon.