Engine Code, Chysler T&C

Code is P0406, EGR flow Sensor A Circuit High Input.

I know what the EGR is, not sure how to fix. I had an EGR sensor go bad on a Ford, it was an easy replace. Not sure if the Chryslers have a similar know issue.

Any help would be great.

-MIKE

Mike let us know the model year and engine.....

You will need a digital volt/ohm meter to do some testing and get a trouble code diagnostic chart.
AlldataDIY's subscription is the best resource for the money. (Click on the link above about the subscription).

Do you have the tools to do the testing?

Below are possible causes of what can trip the light, but don't replace anything without testing.

EGR position sensor signal circuit open
EGR position sensor sweep
Intermittent condition
EGR position sensor signal circuit shorted to 5 volt supply circuit
EGR position sensor signal circuit shorted to battery voltage
EGR solenoid assembly internal failure
Sensor ground circuit open
PCM

Cheef

King of A-604 and Prince of 62-TE
Website
www.ultra604.com
The EGR is a valve with a vacuum solenoid. Solenoids go commonly but usually with much more time and mileage. The PCM says "open EGR", solenoid opens poppet valve, vacuum goes to diaphragm, opens pintle valve/orifice, EG gases go into intake manifold then O2 sensor sends modified signal to PCM to tell the PCM that it has in fact opened.

If the O2 sensor does not report a change, the PCM assumes there is an EGR issue.

OEM does not sell separate parts, all one assembly. Look for frayed, split vacuum lines first.

Cheef

Will do, thanks. In the event the vacuum lines are OK, do I need to remove the EGR to clean the orifce? If so, I might just spend the $50 and get a new one.